• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It’s Official….Sam D was worth the trade.

WarPanthers89

17 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

I see why the franchise passed on the rookie QBs available in the draft.  The oline may kill the QB yet.

It's a damn good thing that Sam is used to slop in front of him from his days in NY.

Sam is a friggin' miracle worker based on the stats he had today.   Jesus Christ.....

2 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

So your admitting Ryan is a top 5 QB and Goff is better than Darnold lol

fyi I always criticized Brees for being the garbage time king. And this same forum we used to and still does make fun of Matt Ryan for garbage time. But now the shoe is on the other foot and you come out loooking like a hypocrite 

Noooooo.. I'm giving context to the situation Darnold in and seeing growth and better QB play then I have in 3 years with this team... I see a QB that actually looks like he can carry some of this team woes. In situation.. Which I haven't seen since healthy Cam... 

Matt Ryan is a solid QB but never carried a team with less the great condition.. And Goff is proven what he is... Darnold is performing at a top 10 QB level with a bad Oline missing his top weapon.. And vs any other team less talented then.the Cowboys would have lead us to victory..

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

For"context", Gooby doesn't pay attention to the games, and even when he does he doesn't understand what he's watching, but to top that off he lies about it.

A while back he claimed to be watching All 22 film, so I asked him about the commentary on it. He claimed to have heard it, but there is no commentary on All 22.

Likewise, you can make up imaginary plays and ask him about them. He'll claim to have seen them and will comment on what he saw 😆

I've done that with him several times. It's fun. You should try it.

Don't forget how he used to racially stereotype Luke Kuechly as not being athletic, or his insane obsession with Andrew Luck.

I have been pleasantly surprised with Sam's progress and performance so far, especially as someone who didn't believe in him at all coming out of college.  He may very well be the answer as our franchise QB, and that feels weird to say lol.  That being said, one thing he really needs to get better at is working through his progressions and hitting the deep ball more consistently.  That first pick to Diggs, he had Marshall wide open, and it definitely could've been a TD.  Rhule said Robby was wide open on the play but Diggs dropped off his man - I'm guessing Marshall was his man and he dropped off anticipating Sam was checking it down underneath to Robby, which he did.  Also, on another play, this is the second week in a row that he had Robby wide open on a deep pass and missed him.

Diggs cheated off Marshall bc we weren't (and haven't been) pushing the ball downfield when it was there.  We are leaving a lot of points on the field in these missed opportunities and these are the plays that separate the good from the great.  He's got to start getting these downfield shots in and be more accurate with them to take that next step in his development.  They have been there every week, but his default is to hit the short to intermediate routes.  It's not as troubling or to the extreme as it was with Teddy, but still bothersome that we're missing those opportunities.  Getting some pass pro to have confidence in would probably help too, though.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I think people like rico and Gooby were waiting for a game like this where Sam threw a pick or two and we lost so they can get on their soapboxes and proclaim that "ooooh...Sam isn't the answer!!  Let's get rid of him and go after a QB!! WOOOOO!!".  

It's like they relish this moment or something.

Your just a Darnold fanboy who joined this forum a couple months ago

I said my piece when we signed him, same thing way I said when we signed Teddy. These guy can manage to win a couple games, maybe even look good. But when push goes to shove and they are asked to carry you it’s not gonna go good. That’s why when Teddy played bad last year with the same circumstances Sam faced today I said “that’s just who Teddy is, don’t expect more”.

Why do you think we were going after Watson and Stafford hard this offseason????

• Poo 2

4 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Well I figure since Teddy was there, you could go see someone you won't bitch about.  🤷‍♂️

If you think I was a fan of Tepper and Rhule showing their asses making Teddy B one of the leagues highest paid QBs idk what to tell you lol

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Noooooo.. I'm giving context to the situation Darnold in and seeing growth and better QB play then I have in 3 years with this team... I see a QB that actually looks like he can carry some of this team woes. In situation.. Which I haven't seen since healthy Cam... 

Matt Ryan is a solid QB but never carried a team with less the great condition.. And Goff is proven what he is... Darnold is performing at a top 10 QB level with a bad Oline missing his top weapon.. And vs any other team less talented then.the Cowboys would have lead us to victory..

Except he hasn’t carried anything, matter of fact his numbers regressed in the second halves of games significantly. The coaching staff clear has him on training wheels.

Here is what Greg Cosell saying it Darnold for the most part has been a one read QB on a really well schemed offense. Very reminiscent of Goff and Mcvay

skip 2:00

6 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

It's a damn good thing that Sam is used to slop in front of him from his days in NY.

Sam is a friggin' miracle worker based on the stats he had today.   Jesus Christ.....

I mean Sam is hardly the problem here. He’s a bright spot thus far. 3 straight 300 yard games. 4 total TDs. If we had a competent o line we’d be really dangerous,  it unfortunately we’re gonna have to wait until the off season to attempt to fix that. Just a dreadful performance up front today. No other way to slice it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Except he hasn’t carried anything, matter of fact his numbers regressed in the second halves of games significantly. The coaching staff clear has him on training wheels.

Here is what Greg Cosell saying it Darnold for the most part has been a one read QB on a really well schemed offense. Very reminiscent of Goff and Mcvay

skip 2:00

Yeah I don't give a fug.. I'm seeing good things from the guy in the situation he's in and I didn't expect it.. So I'm impressed so far..

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, rico6 said:

If you think I was a fan of Tepper and Rhule showing their asses making Teddy B one of the leagues highest paid QBs idk what to tell you lol

Lol when was Teddy ever one of the highest paid QBs in the league while he was here?! He was making 20 a year. Mid range territory for a starting QB. 

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, rico6 said:

I mean, you guys are wanting to compare Sam to MVPs, but piss your pants when valid criticisms of his play are mentioned.

but again, you lot did the same caping for Teddy B until CMAC took a seat that year and just started to poo on the guy because he was exposed.

The point is even MVPs overthrow players from a clean pocket. He also has a good line, weapons, and a great pass catching RB in Jones. How did Rodgers look when the Saints dominated his line like the Cowboys did to ours? Did he throw picks? Overthrow targets?

• Pie 1