• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nothing positive about this game.

rayzor

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Idk the defense spent almost the entirety of the game on the field and they still almost won it for us if we come up with that blocked punt for a touchdown.

Uh nope

TOP: 24:57 Eagles, 35:03 Panthers

So not only did the defense not spend anywhere near the entirety of the game on the field we had a CLEAR advantage on TOP.
  • Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Uh nope

TOP: 24:57 Eagles, 35:03 Panthers

So not only did the defense not spend anywhere near the entirety of the game on the field we had a CLEAR advantage on TOP.

The point was the defense wasn't the problem and they put us into position to win until they finally got gassed. Philly punted 6 times and went 4-13 on third down and 0-1 on fourth down. The picks and stalled drives lost us the game there is no excuse to lose the way we did.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

The point was the defense wasn't the problem and they put us into position to win until they finally got gassed. Philly punted 6 times and went 4-13 on third down and 0-1 on fourth down. The picks and stalled drives lost us the game there is no excuse to lose the way we did.

The defense wasn't a problem until they were though.

THey are the side of the ball that had an entire draft while the OL languishes. THey get all the best FA pickups.

The least they can do is cover a running QB. Yes the defense fell apart, and no they weren't tired. They get that egg too

1 hour ago, Mage said:

The defense was amazing.  Let's not take away from the defense because the offense was crap for 4 quarters.  They only fell apart because they kept getting put back on the field.

Defense collapsed in the fourth.  I get it…they were tired.  But they gave up some huge plays.  I wouldn’t consider that amazing.  Gotta plan an entire game.  Amazing defenses do. 

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

The defense wasn't a problem until they were though.

THey are the side of the ball that had an entire draft while the OL languishes. THey get all the best FA pickups.

The least they can do is cover a running QB. Yes the defense fell apart, and no they weren't tired. They get that egg too

As far as resources given to that side of the ball I concur with you 100% sir. This is why I was hesitant to be heavily jubilant about trading for two corners within 10 days. The oline is just an abyss of misery and failure. Fitterer and Rhule are responsible for it.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Not trying to absolve Brady of any blame but the execution was pitiful on that side of the ball.

The offense looked unprepared once again.  On top of that they decided to develop a case of dropsies. And if that wasn't enough Sam decided to let his NY Jets personality play today.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

The offense looked unprepared once again.  On top of that they decided to develop a case of dropsies. And if that wasn't enough Sam decided to let his NY Jets personality play today.

That's sort of what I mean. I didn't really feel like offensive play calling lost us the game. I feel like offensive execution did.

Untimely penalties, drops, Darnold's missed throws/back breaking INT's and atrocious OL play. 

Not trying to absolve Brady of some of the blame, but he was a minority issue on that side of the ball, IMO.

1 hour ago, jopie87 said:

The defense had a running back provide absolute gifts by running out of bounds TWICE on the last drive. They give up a massive run on 2nd and 13 and then let Hurts get the first. The defense folded when it mattered and the Eagles were freaking begging them to take advantage. A great defense makes the plays needed there. They didn't. No silver linings.

Have you ever considered that defenses get tired when they're left on the field constantly?

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That's sort of what I mean. I didn't really feel like offensive play calling lost us the game. I feel like offensive execution did.

Untimely penalties, drops, Darnold's missed throws/back breaking INT's and atrocious OL play. 

Not trying to absolve Brady of some of the blame, but he was a minority issue on that side of the ball, IMO.

I agree with you.  There is enough blame to go around on the offense.  That's who lost this game. 

The defense did everything they could to keep us in the game but the offense just killed any momentum the defense handed them. But I will acknowledge the fact that the game turned on the blown play by Franklin.  The team never seemed to recover after that.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mage said:

The defense was amazing.  Let's not take away from the defense because the offense was crap for 4 quarters.  They only fell apart because they kept getting put back on the field.

The edges kept getting exposed. Overall, the defense is good but needs Horn and Shaq back.  Once they realized our guys would keep biting on the inside option they exploited the outside.