• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know you don't want to hear it but if you aren't going to pay D. Jackson top 5 CB money then you need to trade him

TheBigKat

2 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

You can say that until you turn blue but his agents have a different take and will get it for their client

this is the Robby Anderson conversation all over again.  5 games in last year and people were arguing he was easily our #1 and better than DJ .  

he is the same dude he was in NY.  A decent #2.  

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Donte doesn't strike me as a hometown discount kind of guy.  Maybe not top 5 CB money, but top 10?  If Bradberry stuck to his demands and wouldn't budge, I doubt D-Jax would either.

Bradberry and Jackson aren’t comps though.  Bradberry spent years covering Julio, Thomas, and the best teams had to offer and played strong.  

Jackson first 3 years were a average and is off to a hot start vs weak passers.  

I have been saying all along that this is a damn-near carbon copy of the Curtis Samuel situation.

A B+ graded player with great potential and makes big plays at times, but will be wanting lots of money after putting up on a contract year. He's just not the guy, much like Samuel.

They let Samuel walk for nothing and he signed a huge contract to sit out with injury in Washington.

I have thought Fitter would either trade him before the deadline or tender tag and trade him after the season. SOMEthing instead of just letting him walk, but also not paying him the massive contract he is likely to demand.

I would like to see him or one of our top talent CBs move to FS. If no one else at CB can make the move, I'd rather see how DJax does at FS before moving on from him. It would make sense to at least try someone there. Then we should keep DJax if the plan is successful. However, if we indeed to keep all of our CBs where they are then yeah someone will have to be shipped.

Edited by KillerKat

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

Tarron Johnson was not getting paid as a lockdown #1 CB.... Jackson will be wanting lockdown money

There’s a difference in wanting lockdown money and getting lockdown money. Donte has played above expectations this season but he’s not a lockdown corner. 

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

Reddick and Jackson will both be slated for big paydays.... It is not even a question in my mind that Reddick gets that money this offseason from CAR

Pass rush should always be prioritized over secondary as the former assists anyone in the latter.

I don't know if we can or can't sign either to what contract but we sure as fug shouldn't let Reddick go.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

You have to trade him, you can get possibly a great interior lineman for him from a CB needy team. 

Why would a team trade a great interior lineman for a CB on the final year of his contract, just to have him for 10 or so games?

Nobody is trading us anything for Donte Jackson that would make it worth trading him vs keeping him and possibly getting a comp pick.

Otherwise, every team would just trade any player they had on the last year of their contract.

Edited by Mage