• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At what point do they just have to bench Darnold?

hepcat

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

His first game was bad, but he has been better each game after even with Nagy. Rookies throwing INTs is one thing, but QBs that have been in the league for years is frustrating…

Nagy no longer calls the plays for him. It’s helped. 

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's why I wanted to make the move for Minshew. A 6th for a legit secondary option was a no brainer IMO. We have no one to realistically turn to. Walker isn't the answer.

Should've never traded for him. Stand pat and draft a QB at 8, trade up IF needed shouldbhave been the play. 

QB is too important not to take one at the top when available. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, SetfreexX said:

Should've never traded for him. Stand pat and draft a QB at 8, trade up IF needed shouldbhave been the play. 

QB is too important not to take one at the top when available. 

Everyone here knows I was staunchly against trading for Darnold. We had a chance to atone for it when Fields was there. We had a chance to add a legit backup by trading a late round pick for Minshew. When we passed on Fields and neglected to add Minshew, we were effectively all in on Sam Darnold. Now here we are. We just gotta ride it out.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Everyone here knows I was staunchly against trading for Darnold. We had a chance to atone for it when Fields was there. We had a chance to add a legit backup by trading a late round pick for Minshew. When we passed on Fields and neglected to add Minshew, we were effectively all in on Sam Darnold. Now here we are. We just gotta ride it out.

This shows the ineptitude of the decision makers, I appreciate the emphasis on defense, but Darnold even aside from Gase at best as meh. 

The FO talked about QB bust rate, but then trade multiple picks for a BUST QB 🤔, can't make it up

Edited by SetfreexX
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

This shows the ineptitude of the decision makers, I appreciate the emphasis on defense, but Darnold even aside from Gase at best as meh. 

The FO talked about QB bust rate, but then trade multiple picks for a BUST QB 🤔, can't make it up

This. Yeah, plenty of 1st rounders end up busting. But VERY few reclamation projects ultimately end up working out. Especially outright bust reclamation projects.

• Beer 1