• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think I'm ready for PJ

Zod

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

My questions is how drunk was Igo when he posted this?

Because no sober person would have uttered such words. 

Homies is sad AF. Losing Cam for free, Luke for free, and seeing our real team up north in the Bills done fuged people permanently.

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, Squid Game said:

You’re the one who brought up the Jets, not me. You said the Jets are missing on picks. All I said was Rhule has been missing on QBs. 

Perhaps you're right on that count.

Too bad we don't have an actual AVERAGE O-Line to properly evaluate Sam to see exactly what we truly have (some say he can be a good Bridge QB, others say he's a backup, I say he can be a good Bridge QB with the occasional game or two where he plays beyond his level....but we'll never know when the line is sh*t). 

I hope the 1000% focus at Free Agency and the Draft is to go full-speed-ahead on getting Offensive Linemen.  

Edited by glenwo2

15 minutes ago, CarolinaBandit said:

Can you imagine PJ coming in during the Giants game, and lightning it up.

Due to the NY market, that would be national exposure. And it's best to pull Darnold at an away game.

Now the problem becomes, say he is the answer and leads us to the playoffs, last year on the books, hottest FA QB on the market....

So when do we extend PJ?

you're talking about a player whose best performance had twice the INTs as TDs.  He is not better than Darnold and is likely a significant downgrade.  You don't play PJ on a .500 team 

• Beer 1

52 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

you're talking about a player whose best performance had twice the INTs as TDs.  He is not better than Darnold and is likely a significant downgrade.  You don't play PJ on a .500 team 

Sam has turned the ball over in literally every game he has played in Carolina but 1.   And in the one game he didn't turn it over...he put the ball on the ground multiple times (in Carolina territory).  Currently, running a nice 3 game streak of at least 2 turnovers per game. 

I mean, you don't stay a .500 team with Sam Darnold either.   

Darnold is a Kyle Allen, Henicke, PJ, etc.   Same tier QB.

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, CRA said:

Sam has turned the ball over in literally every game he has played in Carolina but 1.   And in the one game he didn't turn it over...he put the ball on the ground multiple times.  Currently, running a nice 3 game streak of at least 2 turnovers per game. 

As sad as it is to say, Allen is probably a bit more reliable as a starter. That said, he's made of glass.

This is obviously a very bad take by the OP.  We already know PJ is not a starting caliber QB. 

The jury is still out on Darnold. He certainly hasn't been overly impressive, but I think we need to let the entire season play out. 

We know he's not getting much help from his teammates. The OL is one of the worst, if not the worst in the league - the WRs had a record number of drops, and our (NFL) defense just gave 571 yards to the opponent. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, USC/panthers_11 said:

This is obviously a very bad take by the OP.  We already know PJ is not a starting caliber QB. 

The jury is still out on Darnold. He certainly hasn't been overly impressive, but I think we need to let the entire season play out. 

We know he's not getting much help from his teammates. The OL is one of the worst, if not the worst in the league - the WRs had a record number of drops, and our (NFL) defense just gave 571 yards to the opponent. 

We had no offense for the first 3 quarters.  Bad offense leads to bad defense. Through 3 quarters we probably averaged 50 yards a quarter….with more turnovers than TDs by the offense as we entered the 4th.  

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

8 hours ago, CRA said:

Sam has turned the ball over in literally every game he has played in Carolina but 1.   And in the one game he didn't turn it over...he put the ball on the ground multiple times (in Carolina territory).  Currently, running a nice 3 game streak of at least 2 turnovers per game. 

the edge walker has on darnold is athleticism, not just running but being able to navigate the pocket and with an unstable oline, thats a huge plus.

4 hours ago, CheckUrself said:

The coaches have given up on Darnold I think, they're trying to see if he plays well enough for trade bait or can he be a backup.

If PJ starts and is successful, many folks are going look stupid so it's best to wait.

The only person who looks stupid is the one who continuously creates new accounts...Mr. CPsinceDay1.

Edited by glenwo2