• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What did they see in Darnold?

GoobyPls

5 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Results business, bro. If you aren’t getting wins then it’s a failure. You don’t get credit for “trying” in the NFL. Giving up 3 draft picks for a terrible QB was a mistake. Being so reliant on CMC again was a mistake. Not trying to build the offensive line with any decent players was a mistake. Sending another two draft picks for corners who will likely have no impact on the team was a mistake. Extending Robby and drafting another receiver in round 2 was a mistake.

Of course everyone is trying to win. You shouldn’t get credit for trying if your decisions on roster building turn out to be worse than 99% of your competitors. That just means you’re bad at your job. 

I'm saying right now it's a failure..

I'm just not going to agree that it was stupid (with the situation we were in) or that it wasn't worth the effort.. I'd rather take a swing then stay stagnant..

Is all I'm saying..

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I just want not a pile of poo. Darnold is a pile of poo. We had a lot of non-pile of poo options and instead we traded WAAAAAY too much for a pile of poo.

That is my rub. fug it, give me Tryod, give me Fitzmagic, give me any number of journeyman or young QB's over Darnold. He would have been close to the last QB I would want. fug it, I think Trubisky is a bust too but I would have rather had him.

Cool .. I'd rather not watch mediocre football and stay stagnant in the 6-11 , 7-10 and 8-9 range... Either be really bad and get better assets or swing for the fence and Hopefully get lucky and be good..

My opinion 

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean....I guess that is a thing.

Yes it is.. Example Hornets..

They could have paid Kemba stay stagnant as the "almost making playoff team".. But no they let him go sucked for a few years got Lucky in the draft made the pick for a risky star talented player.. Instead of drafting the safe player (like they always did) and look at them now..

6 hours ago, lumbeecheraw75 said:

sucks you missed or forgot this. that was a fun game to see live even tho the ultimate outcome wasn't good

I mean, I probably watched it.  But Delhomme just hadn't played enough football for me to have a take on him.  

Teddy and Sam played a ton of football in the NFL and I watched them both in college and the pros over the years.  Easier to have a take on them vs Jake.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Yes it is.. Example Hornets..

They could have paid Kemba stay stagnant as the "almost making playoff team".. But no they let him go sucked for a few years got Lucky in the draft made the pick for a risky star talented player.. Instead of drafting the safe player (like they always did) and look at them now..

The NBA doesn't work the same way as the NFL. Sucking for that long will just get you fired. 

The examples of being terrible that long and then suddenly turning it around are limited. Successful franchises in the NFL maintain that level of success because they DON'T let things go to poo. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Cool .. You can act like Menshiew is some secret talented player.. I'm not he is a career backup at best and pretty much a bridge who will lose and hopefully put you in position to get a better QB..

My opinion..

Why are you dying on a hill like this for the front office? Yes they have added some nice talent in different spots and they have gotten credit for that. But the disaster that has been this season was avoidable and it falls squarely on Rhule and Fitterer. Can you say you are not at all concerned about their ability to identify a good quarterback? Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold in consecutive seasons is....really bad.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The NBA doesn't work the same way as the NFL. Sucking for that long will just get you fired. 

The examples of being terrible that long and then suddenly turning it around are limited. Successful franchises in the NFL maintain that level of success because they DON'T let things go to poo. 

The Bucs have the worst all time win loss percentage in the NFL. Cardinals are 3rd worst and both of those teams are at the top of the league now.

The Saints are lower than the Panthers on this list. Bills are below us too. 

The Bears are near the top.

Things change

19 hours ago, Fox007 said:

wahhhhhhhhhhttttt

lol is that for real

100 percent for real! See below.

18 hours ago, frankw said:

He's hated Cam Newton for no reason for years. He should have been off the air a long time ago. He's only still there to appeal to other shitty people stuck in a bygone era just like himself.

Yes, he went on television last year and said "I hate Cam Newton, I hate Baker Mayfield" and nobody batted an eye. They even asked him for his second half analysis of a game with Cam Newton in it and he went through Cleveland highlights! He is on there stammering and stuttering his nonsense out. I can't stand those guys like him, because they were eccentric back then. Now they are straight edged and so far removed from the current realities these players face daily. 

• Flames 2

On 10/25/2021 at 10:30 AM, SmokinwithWilly said:

Darnlod has the tools to be a good NFL QB. Arm talent, mobility and he's shown flashes of having "it" as we saw in the Vikings game with that 4th quarter comeback.

The question has always been surrounding his mental aspect and how much Gase and company were responsible. I admit, after reading the reviews of Gase in NY, the blocking and Sam trying to do everything to win (it seemed), I get why he was worth looking at. Now as far as the actual evaluation in person, I can't judge that, but he had the potential to be a average to above average NFL QB. I don't know if it's ghosts or he just can't process NFL level speed fast enough, but something is definitely off upstairs. 

My personal thought is quicksand and the more he fights the worse it gets. Those first few games he was feeling it somewhat with CMC as a safety valve, but now, the wheels have just fallen off. I don't know if he can be fixed or if sitting on the bench behind a NFL starting caliber QB could help. I do know trading the farm for Watson isn't going to fix our blocking or stone hands receivers or our boring predictable 

Watched a college game of his. It was an important game and he blew it with turnovers and that's when I said nope he is not going to be a good NFL qb to many moments of ....

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

Solid analysis from Dan Orlovsky on Darnold's issues,

Well holy sh*t.... 🧐

That is indeed something. 

Sam is still sh*t, though, but at least we have an idea WHY he is sh*t.

The problem is that our Coaching staff don't do anything to even attempt to make him be less sh*tty.

Edited by glenwo2

7 hours ago, frankw said:

Why are you dying on a hill like this for the front office? Yes they have added some nice talent in different spots and they have gotten credit for that. But the disaster that has been this season was avoidable and it falls squarely on Rhule and Fitterer. Can you say you are not at all concerned about their ability to identify a good quarterback? Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold in consecutive seasons is....really bad.

Dying on a hill?? Really?? Isn't this just a football forum based on ppl having different opinions??

No I'm just going to be real and not change my original opinion.. I didn't think it was a crazy swing for the fence move then and now that its failing.. I'm still cool with the move...

And the coaching finding QB thing.. Well no coach is perfect?? Reality how many are really good at that anyway?? Ron got lucky getting Cam.. Belichick really only found Brady and covered up many draft misses by having a great system.... Other then Andy Reid how many coaches are actually good at finding and developing QB...