• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QR Week 7: Robby Anderson, Pro Football's Worst WR

Ricky Spanish

34 minutes ago, CRA said:

just sitting here looking forward to seeing who the next NY Jet castoff is that we randomly just give a ton a cash to. 

Luvuu has looked pretty damn good this season. I think we paid him the least amount out of all the castoffs so it only makes sense that he’s the only one helping us. 

The truth is always somewhere in between

Anderson clearly isn't this bad of a WR.  But he also clearly isn't the potential #1 guy that people were trying to act like he was last year.

He's an okay to solid #2 WR who can stretch defenses.  Horrible fit with Darnold, because he needs a QB with consistent ball placement.

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

I knew giving Robbie money was a bad idea. It was such a Hurney move, and people here loved it at the time. Also, it’s looking like we should have kept Arnold to keep Darnold on track. Another move that didn’t totally excite me. Can I get a shot at GM here?

I never loved it. I wanted them to let Robby play out his deal and then decide. Resigning him was dumb and he only got the contract because of the college he went to. We had him signed for this year and he is getting older and we drafted a guy to replace him. 

IF we were going to pay a WR we should have kept Samuel. 

• Pie 2

I've railed about this before, but Robby Anderson did next to nothing after week 5 last season, missed the OTAs, most of the offseason, good portion of training camp (if I recall correctly) and has done nothing outside of one long TD catch this entire season. 

How in the hell do you sit down and write the guy a multi-year, multi-million dollar contract during a rebuild?

And he's playing even worse since the contract was signed. We thought he was here to play football, but he had a whole other game planned.

• Pie 3

52 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

well thank God he went to Temple, otherwise we wouldn't get to enjoy it for three more years!

That's the sad and pathetic part on matt rhule I keep talking about.  I don't get why we have to have so many of his former college players on the panthers roster. It kinda makes him look weak and a "yes man" to them.  Alot of them were cut by other Teams but they conveniently found their way to Carolina. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I never loved it. I wanted them to let Robby play out his deal and then decide. Resigning him was dumb and he only got the contract because of the college he went to. We had him signed for this year and he is getting older and we drafted a guy to replace him. 

IF we were going to pay a WR we should have kept Samuel. 

I know you’re saying if we had to pay a WR, but I wouldn’t have paid anyone until we need to pay Moore honestly. We need to put that money elsewhere like OL 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I've railed about this before, but Robby Anderson did next to nothing after week 5 last season, missed the OTAs, most of the offseason, good portion of training camp (if I recall correctly) and has done nothing outside of one long TD catch this entire season. 

How in the hell do you sit down and write the guy a multi-year, multi-million dollar contract during a rebuild?

And he's playing even worse since the contract was signed. We thought he was here to play football, but he had a whole other game planned.

Rhule just wants to hand out contracts to his former college players. What an idiotic way to run an NFL franchise