• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QR Week 7: Robby Anderson, Pro Football's Worst WR

Ricky Spanish

46 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

I knew giving Robbie money was a bad idea. It was such a Hurney move, and people here loved it at the time. Also, it’s looking like we should have kept Arnold to keep Darnold on track. Another move that didn’t totally excite me. Can I get a shot at GM here?

You know it fitterer who gave him the contract extension and not hurney right?

Just now, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Rhule just wants to hand out contracts to his former college players. What an idiotic way to run an NFL franchise 

What he wants is guys who bought into what he was selling before so that he has a cadre of guys he can lean on to get his point across.

Please note the large number of Temple players as well as those from Baylor? It's six Temple, three Baylor. Was anyone else scratching their head when they saw #57 Clay Johnston out there on defense last week? He's a Baylor guy and I have no idea how he earned a jersey much less a chance to be on the field. 

And what have we found out? That out of those nine players only Haason Riddick is starter quality. But all but Tecklenburg saw the field on Sunday. That worked out well. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Geronimo said:

You know it fitterer who gave him the contract extension and not hurney right?

I could be wrong but I think earlier this year there was discussion about the front office and the gist of it was Rhule ultimately has final say. It would be interesting to know who pushed more for that contract. I think we can make a reasonable assumption.

17 minutes ago, Geronimo said:

That's the sad and pathetic part on matt rhule I keep talking about.  I don't get why we have to have so many of his former college players on the panthers roster. It kinda makes him look weak and a "yes man" to them.  Alot of them were cut by other Teams but they conveniently found their way to Carolina. 

I think it's funny that, for months, I got flamed for pointing it out. Now it's suddenly accepted that Rhule's fake, used-car salesman, nepotism-fueled scam artistry is costing us success.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

What he wants is guys who bought into what he was selling before so that he has a cadre of guys he can lean on to get his point across.

Please note the large number of Temple players as well as those from Baylor? It's six Temple, three Baylor. Was anyone else scratching their head when they saw #57 Clay Johnston out there on defense last week? He's a Baylor guy and I have no idea how he earned a jersey much less a chance to be on the field. 

And what have we found out? That out of those nine players only Haason Riddick is starter quality. But all but Tecklenburg saw the field on Sunday. That worked out well. 

He’s basically planting “yes men” or “cronies” in the locker room and it looks like he’s still losing it

Edited by Move the Panthers to Raleigh

Just now, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

He’s basically planting “yes men” or “cronies” in the locker room and it looks like he’s still losing 

Well, I don't want to make it sound like that, although it does, but it was more of a "easier to import the culture than to change everyone's hearts."

We sent Cam packing not just because he really wasn't Cam on the field anymore, but because Cam still owned the locker room. Can't change the whole culture if Cam says, "No man, that's not how it works around here."

Still, I don't think the culture has changed in a perceptible way. We've gotten younger, but I don't see us with the mentality of "we will outwork anyone else to win" or any sign of a chip on our shoulder. We don't seem to be making this a pride thing, or even a professionalism thing. Hell, I'm not even sure what our identity is supposed to be and I sure don't want it to be what it is looking like.

We had something those first three games, but Dallas broke us. It wasn't the CMC hammy going, but it may have been the first time someone really hit us in the nose and we just didn't have a bit of grit.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Well, I don't want to make it sound like that, although it does, but it was more of a "easier to import the culture than to change everyone's hearts."

We sent Cam packing not just because he really wasn't Cam on the field anymore, but because Cam still owned the locker room. Can't change the whole culture if Cam says, "No man, that's not how it works around here."

Still, I don't think the culture has changed in a perceptible way. We've gotten younger, but I don't see us with the mentality of "we will outwork anyone else to win" or any sign of a chip on our shoulder. We don't seem to be making this a pride thing, or even a professionalism thing. Hell, I'm not even sure what our identity is supposed to be and I sure don't want it to be what it is looking like.

We had something those first three games, but Dallas broke us. It wasn't the CMC hammy going, but it may have been the first time someone really hit us in the nose and we just didn't have a bit of grit.

You’re right. Dallas exposed us as not tough. We are crumbling in response to adversity 

• Pie 2