• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Almost two years ago…..

BurnNChinn

I was excited we brought in Matt Rhule and Joe Brady to start a rebuild. I was thinking even though Bucs picked up Brady he might have a chance at a SB and be gone in a couple years. Saints we’re losing Brees soon as well and would be going downhill. And we’ll Falcons are falcons not worried about them. I was like ok this rebuild might take two years or so just want to see them be ready by year 3. Now almost halfway through year two we don’t look good at all. We have no oline, and no franchise qb to build with anytime soon. Also guess what Brady has already won SB first year with Bucs and looks like he will play five more years. Payton has saints playing well enough with Winston even though we beat them which I’m starting to believe was a fluke with all the guys they were missing. And Falcons  have looked worse than us but have one loss less than us. I haven’t seen many people talk about the way the division was setting up good for us down the road, but now I’m not certain at all. What do y’all think?

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

The point of a rebuild is to gradually improve and over time get better by adding and developing young pieces. We all knew we were going to suck for while with having a young roster. So far, Rhule and his staff has somehow poo the bed and team has gotten worse than when we initially started.

This is the overlying concern and why the state of things is as it is currently.

46 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I was excited we brought in Matt Rhule and Joe Brady to start a rebuild. I was thinking even though Bucs picked up Brady he might have a chance at a SB and be gone in a couple years. Saints we’re losing Brees soon as well and would be going downhill. And we’ll Falcons are falcons not worried about them. I was like ok this rebuild might take two years or so just want to see them be ready by year 3. Now almost halfway through year two we don’t look good at all. We have no oline, and no franchise qb to build with anytime soon. Also guess what Brady has already won SB first year with Bucs and looks like he will play five more years. Payton has saints playing well enough with Winston even though we beat them which I’m starting to believe was a fluke with all the guys they were missing. And Falcons  have looked worse than us but have one loss less than us. I haven’t seen many people talk about the way the division was setting up good for us down the road, but now I’m not certain at all. What do y’all think?

sassy GIF

Almost two years ago….. our defense was 23rd in yards per play allowed and 31st in points allowed per game.

Currently our defense is 3rd in yards per play allowed and 7th in points per game allowed.

There is a lot of woah regarding what the team doesn't have instead of being exited about what we do have. We are in year 2 of a rebuilding process. The early resources were spent on defense and the team is starting to see the results of that effort. I trust that we will see similar results on offense in a year or two.

As for the OPs question:

• Jameis ain't all that, he's just as awkward in the backfield as Sam. I suspect he will be replaced once the 'aints have the ammo.
  • The Falcons are going to be going to be in the QB market themselves very soon. Have you seem Matt Ryan's contract? Dude is likely gone next season.
  • Brady is an unknown. He's good, but benefits immensely from an all-star roster of vets that make team friendly deals in order to ring chase. Ultimately father time is undefeated. Our team is being built to handle the Bucs though ... what other reason is there for our Pokémon like obsession with good CBs? Going to need a LOT of guys to cover everyone wearing pewter and red.

Basically, our near-term competition is the Bucs and our long term competition is probably the Saints (at least as long as they have Payton).

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

Almost two years ago….. our defense was 23rd in yards per play allowed and 31st in points allowed per game.

Currently our defense is 3rd in yards per play allowed and 7th in points per game allowed.

There is a lot of woah regarding what the team doesn't have instead of being exited about what we do have. We are in year 2 of a rebuilding process. The early resources were spent on defense and the team is starting to see the results of that effort. I trust that we will see similar results on offense in a year or two.

As for the OPs question:

• Jameis ain't all that, he's just as awkward in the backfield as Sam. I suspect he will be replaced once the 'aints have the ammo.
  • The Falcons are going to be going to be in the QB market themselves very soon. Have you seem Matt Ryan's contract? Dude is likely gone next season.
  • Brady is an unknown. He's good, but benefits immensely from an all-star roster of vets that make team friendly deals in order to ring chase. Ultimately father time is undefeated. Our team is being built to handle the Bucs though ... what other reason is there for our Pokémon like obsession with good CBs? Going to need a LOT of guys to cover everyone wearing pewter and red.

Basically, our near-term competition is the Bucs and our long term competition is probably the Saints (at least as long as they have Payton).

I’ve heard Father Time is undefeated about Brady for the past 5 years I’m not falling for it anymore! 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1