• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt, this is a NFL franchise QB if you’ve never seen one before

Squid Game

1 minute ago, Squid Game said:

We had the 7th pick last year. There were two elite QBs Burrow and Herbert. Rhule didn’t even bother trying to trade up for either one. He gave Teddy money right out the gate just like he did this year with Erving and Elflein. 

Hence why I said not even close....

Teddy and Sam leave me not looking forward to lucky #3. When the wildcat is an upgrade your QB choices are terrible.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I was thinking Sunday about how games were always more fun with Cam and Luke because you never knew when one of them would just completely take over a game, act like a defibrilator, and bring us back to life. We dont' have a single person like that anymore so if things are going down hill you might as well quit watching. 

We weren’t good the first two years with Ron but the stadium was still packed b/c we as fans knew our future was bright. We knew what we had in Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly, but especially Cam. Right now, we know what we have in Sam Darnold and he ain’t it. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Big difference finding a QB and finding an elite QB. What there is like 5 in the entire NFL? 

Brady, Rogers, Wilson, Allen, Mahomes, Jackson off the top of my head

Then there’s the Murray, Herbert, I’d probably throw Stanford in here as well. They are out there. We’ve just got so damn used to wiffing.

• Flames 1

22 minutes ago, a_gumbel said:

Brady, Rogers, Wilson, Allen, Mahomes, Jackson off the top of my head

Then there’s the Murray, Herbert, I’d probably throw Stanford in here as well. They are out there. We’ve just got so damn used to wiffing.

Elite is winning a Super Bowl, yes there’s been a few QB’s to win a championship that are not in the category, but the word elite is only for a  chosen few.

31 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

Elite is winning a Super Bowl, yes there’s been a few QB’s to win a championship that are not in the category, but the word elite is only for a  chosen few.

Then why can’t Foles get any tick? That’s kinda snarky sarcasm but it does show that a super bowl is a team achievement but “elite” status is individually assessed to qbs.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

37 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

I dot hate your answer either I always like hearing other people’s ways of judging qbs. My brother was a huge Cousins believer a few years ago based on numbers which again has its issues. Idk it’s stupid sounding to say, but elite is a general feeling. By a fan base. By the guys on offense playing with the qb. By the opposing defense. God I’m stoned and can’t think. Elite status is just like given respect. Idk.