• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam

ladypanther

7 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Sam has the 7th highest pocket time in the league and is in the bottom for air yards per attempt.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

We have a major qb issue. You insert someone like DW or Stafford or someone who is competent and we maybe have 1 loss this year. 

DW is not walking through that door.

Stafford is not walking through that door.

Continuing to lament that they're not here doesn't accomplish anything.

Besides :

Lord help us...

Edited by glenwo2

35 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Besides :

Lord help us...

Maybe with a week of practice PJ can surprise me.

Ugh.

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Besides :

Lord help us...

My point was a competent qb would have changed the direction of this season. Anyone who is holding out hope that Sam will be good should just face reality. Weren’t you a Sam fan who came over from the jets? You should go back.

• Poo 3

7 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Sam has the 7th highest pocket time in the league and is in the bottom for air yards per attempt.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

We have a major qb issue. You insert someone like DW or Stafford or someone who is competent and we maybe have 1 loss this year. 

We've had 2 game winning passes delivered by our trash QB and dropped. 

If the recievers didn't play like paraplegic we'd be 6-2 minimum. 

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Sam Darnold had 3 INTs and completed 56% of his passes vs Philly. 

Philly has been on pace as a team this year to allow opponents the completion % that Brees set the single season passing record with.   Sam is a problem.  Not some victim. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

On 10/31/2021 at 3:58 PM, ladypanther said:

He may not show us a lot of emotion but damn...that guy plays with a lot of heart.

I fully agree. The man has a lot of courage, one of several reasons i think he will develop into a decent NFL starting quarterback for us given time.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

No worries.  He won’t be on this team after next year so you can follow him to another team IF he gets picked up. But I kinda think his career is over after here.

• Beer 1

49 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

No worries.  He won’t be on this team after next year so you can follow him to another team IF he gets picked up. But I kinda think his career is over after here.

why would i follow him to another team? once they leave they are dead to me.

2 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Draft night, when Devonta Smith was still on the board, I was hoping we'd pick up a Heisman winning offensive weapon in the Slim Reaper, but got Horn. Now Horn is good, but out for most likely the entire season with broken bones in his foot, but what we could have had with another highly talented receiver. Ah well. 

46 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Grabbert is probably good at film study. What honestly does Darnold give to a backup role besides being a good teammate?

Time will tell

im not happy he was the choice and some of that goes to the preponderance of bad qb decisions before him, some is his history, and some is the general let down of going from a superstar to someone who is far less in stature 

he seemed to read the defense very well yesterday.  He made plays with his feet, he didn’t pout over being benched, he went about his business, by all accounts his team mates like him 

I guess, the bottom line to me is, he is here until he isn’t so at this point, I’m making the best of it. If that means multiple shots of Jim beam fire when he and Brady and the oline and the receivers screw the pooch, so be it 

it might not fix anything but I’ll feel better about it 

• Pie 1

I could see Darnold being a good backup. Teddy too. Both looked good for us early on until opposing DCs got some tape of them in our offense then they fell off hard. Both went just as I predicted. That's what separates the legit starters from the backups. Lots of guys can look good in fill in duty when there's no relevant take to study. We saw it yesterday. Numerous backup QBs played well. The legit starters can keep it up. The backups fall off.,