• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing with Lachlan Edwards?

Proudiddy

Forgive me, as I felt I was fairly knowledgeable and informed on the way the previous roster mechanics worked prior to the change in roster rules with the pandemic, but I just saw we listed him as a protected PS guy this week, again.  

Any idea why we haven't brought him up on the active yet?  I thought Charlton's IR designation was out for the season?  So, why aren't we promoting him to the active 53?  Maybe hoping to bring another punter in?  I thought Edwards has been solid, and at the very least, much better than Charlton was.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

3 weeks.

NFL changed IR and practice squad rules last year with the pandemic and it's honestly been great for everyone.

Oh yes and I think we are manipulating with the PS and IR as well.  I just get the feeling teams are using these 3 week IR for some roster management, sort of an extended PS protected status.  Idk, maybe these guys have legit minor injuries that it's better to get them off the roster than have them take up space for a couple weeks.  Which I'm talking about backup guys like Darryl Johnson.  I have a feeling he will go off IR whenever another Dlineman goes down and we need more depth there.

9 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Forgive me, as I felt I was fairly knowledgeable and informed on the way the previous roster mechanics worked prior to the change in roster rules with the pandemic, but I just saw we listed him as a protected PS guy this week, again.  

Any idea why we haven't brought him up on the active yet?  I thought Charlton's IR designation was out for the season?  So, why aren't we promoting him to the active 53?  Maybe hoping to bring another punter in?  I thought Edwards has been solid, and at the very least, much better than Charlton was.

Why waste a roster spot on a street FA punter? 

49 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Why waste a roster spot on a street FA punter? 

Lachlan Edwards will probably stick on the Practice Squad for awhile. Charlton hasn't practiced yet and may not for a couple of weeks. He wasn't playing well earlier this year so the coaching staff will probably hang on to Edwards to punt even after Charlton returns. If Charlton does not do well or has a setback, Lachlan will take over the job cause the team will cut Charlton or, more likely, place on season ending IR.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Charlton was off for sure, but I remember this Lachlan fella being pretty pedestrian if not outright awful at least in one of the losses. 

Lachlan has only punted one game for us. It was Ryan something two games ago and we booted his butt and signed Lachlan. He averaged about 44 yds a punt vs the ATL. Not Great but better than the 39 yards Charlton was averaging before he went on IR

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 1