• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A message from Haason

Football players today are so mentally weak. Last week it was Tyrann Mathieu who called chiefs fans “toxic”. Just shut up, stay off social media and play football. You play a “game” for a living and gets paid millions. You’re not saving lives.  The fans pay for your salary and fans don’t deserve to waste their day to come watch you suck. We are 4-4. 

Edited by Squid Game
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 2

If I were a professional athlete, movie star, politician, or any other famous person, I would stay away from Social Media.  To many armchair quarterbacks, political nuts, or obsessed fans who think they can say what they want and trash people because of the relative anonymity of it and the fact that they pay your salary.  

I pay the salary of the waitress at a restaurant, doesn't give me the right call her trash because she got the order wrong.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

"Just shut up and play" is just as dumb as "just shut up and watch."

It doesn't help that he put that out on the platform that he was most likely getting trolled on. They are just going to double down now that they know it gets to him. 

Haha, exactly.  To be fair, that’s classic pro-athlete uber-competitive jock talk.  Like coach speak.

ie: “Let’s Go!” “All Day!”

“You been watching film huh? Watch This” 🙂

Given the above, I’ll credit the hashtag to player speak.  But like you said, the noise will only get louder now that they know he will respond publicly.

5 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

Football players today are so mentally weak. Last week it was Tyrann Mathieu who called chiefs fans “toxic”. Just shut up, stay off social media and play football. You play a “game” for a living and gets paid millions. You’re not saving lives.  The fans pay for your salary and fans don’t deserve to waste their day to come watch you suck. We are 4-4. 

Mathieu isn't wrong. Fans are more toxic these days because people are more toxic. 

That is directly tied to these social media platforms that they all participate in. That is the reason why more and more famous people(and not enough regular people) are getting off these things. Because they are inherently toxic and breed toxicity.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Mathieu isn't wrong. Fans are more toxic these days because people are more toxic. 

That is directly tied to these social media platforms that they all participate in. That is the reason why more and more famous people(and not enough regular people) are getting off these things. Because they are inherently toxic and breed toxicity.

It’s the world we live in today. People aren’t made like they used to anymore. Every kid gets a trophy whether they win or lose. My grandson just started soccer this year and they don’t even keep scores anymore. That sets up kids to fail as adults. 

Just now, Squid Game said:

It’s the world we live in today. People aren’t made like they used to anymore. Every kid gets a trophy whether they win or lose. My grandson just started soccer this year and they don’t even keep scores anymore. That sets up kids to fail as adults. 

Yeah, that's a little more "old man yells at the sky" kind of stuff. I don't think that has much to do with it at all. 

You are also talking about recreational sports versus competitive sports. Go watch some 6-17 year olds play AAU sports. That is a completely different world. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, that's a little more "old man yells at the sky" kind of stuff. I don't think that has much to do with it at all. 

You are also talking about recreational sports versus competitive sports. Go watch some 6-17 year olds play AAU sports. That is a completely different world. 

It’s happening in the professional sports today. Why do you think guys stop playing once they get that big contract? You won’t see guys like Lebron James, Steve Smith and Tom Brady anymore. You’ll have to deal with Ben Simmons, Michael Thomas and CJ Henderson type of guys from now on. 

Fwiw, Haason liked the two tweets at the bottom from Ant.

Looks like he's tired of dudes that peaked as a 4th string LB on the JV high school team trying to tell him who missed an assignment when the assignment wasn't missed.

I can't imagine how much he'd hate the Huddle.

image.png.57888af7080b1b0ddda131b4303f1926.png

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

got em

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Squid Game said:

It’s happening in the professional sports today. Why do you think guys stop playing once they get that big contract? You won’t see guys like Lebron James, Steve Smith and Tom Brady anymore. You’ll have to deal with Ben Simmons, Michael Thomas and CJ Henderson type of guys from now on. 

Dude, that has existed for the entire existence of professional sports. fug, that has existed for the entire existence of currency. Some people get what they want and then they rest on their laurels. That isn't evidence of some mass generational issue. 

Did you not see the videos of Jaycee Horn working out all offseason with other NFL DB's? Did you not hear about Daniel Jones going to the Manning camps to get better? This poo is no different than anywhere else. Some suck at their jobs and don't give a poo, some are amazing and strive to the best and the rest are somewhere in between. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

Is this serious? You think youth trophies have created selfish stars and busts?

People have underperformed after contract years since the dawn of ... Well, contracts. Lol

19 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

Chuck, just because you watched somebody on TV doesn't mean you get to tell them whether or not they can express an opinion.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Dude, that has existed for the entire existence of professional sports. fug, that has existed for the entire existence of currency. Some people get what they want and then they rest on their laurels. That isn't evidence of some mass generational issue. 

Did you not see the videos of Jaycee Horn working out all offseason with other NFL DB's? Did you not hear about Daniel Jones going to the Manning camps to get better? This poo is no different than anywhere else. Some suck at their jobs and don't give a poo, some are amazing and strive to the best and the rest are somewhere in between. 

Who is Jaycee’s dad?

That’s what I thought.