• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq is the difference

DaveThePanther2008

Definitely his best year ever if he stays healthy. Questions was never was he good…it was more along the lines of is he a 20m dollar LB because that’s what we will be paying him and if not, is he worth a restructure?

I think either way it was a bit too much whether we pay that now or later but at least he isn’t getting paid and not doing poo aka whiny Droppie Anderson getting all the praise for not dropping an onside kick for 15 million a year.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Definitely his best year ever if he stays healthy. Questions was never was he good…it was more along the lines of is he a 20m dollar LB because that’s what we will be paying him and if not, is he worth a restructure?

I think either way it was a bit too much whether we pay that now or later but at least he isn’t getting paid and not doing poo aka whiny Droppie Anderson getting all the praise for not dropping an onside kick for 15 million a year.

The point, IMO is that Shaq is be attitude for this team. 

9 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

You can tell that we have core leaders on each level currently on the defense which is why they are thriving. Reddick, DaQuan Jones, Shaq, Gilmore, Chinn, even Jackson is coming along from a vocal standpoint. 

I agree but it seems Shaq brings a nastiness that infects the others.

I just seems to me that when he's on the field the others play with more violence than when he was out.

I LOVE IT. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

You can tell that we have core leaders on each level currently on the defense which is why they are thriving. Reddick, DaQuan Jones, Shaq, Gilmore, Chinn, even Jackson is coming along from a vocal standpoint. 

I agree but it seems Shaq brings a nastiness that infects the others.

I just seems to me that when he's on the field the others play with more violence than when he was out.

I LOVE IT. 

14 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I got shouted down before the year started because I bemoaned the lack of leadership on the team, especially as it relates to the offense. Young leaders have emerged on defense which contributes to their success. They have swagger.

I was told that Sam Darnold was a leader. Well, maybe that needs to be reassessed. I just don't see it. And apologies to CMC fanboys, he's a great player, but not necessarily a leader on this team. They'll flounder until they can find one.

• Beer 1