• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things are not well on Mint Street.

Zod

3 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

The saints scored 25 points with Trevor Siemian at QB, they still have elite coaching. Brady is not a good coach without all pros at every position, Sean Payton can still score points with a dud at QB. 

Payton is 1000x the playcaller Brady is. 

Payton has been calling plays in the NFL for 2 decades.  

Brady has a year under his belt

but yes, Payton is much better.  Payton also had his play calling duties yanked from him and the HC took over playcalling when he was OC with the Giants. 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Payton has been calling plays in the NFL for 2 decades.  

Brady has a year under his belt

but yes, Payton is much better.  Payton also had his play calling duties yanked from him and the HC took over playcalling when he was OC with the Giants. 

So when Brady gets fired is he Darnold or Payton

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

So when Brady gets fired is he Darnold or Payton

He is Joe Brady.  Neither of those remotely compare. 

I will assume most on the outside will largely look at what he did in 2020 when he had a functional QB.   That earned him 5 HC interviews.   So the NFL was at least impressed. 

The same NFL world knows Sam is a dumpster fire and has been and that we have no OL….and that is what he got dealt this year. 

so I think they factor all that in and the outside will view him better than Panther fans. 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

He is Joe Brady.  Neither of those remotely compare. 

I will assume most on the outside will largely look at what he did in 2020 when he had a functional QB.   That earned him 5 HC interviews.   So the NFL was at least impressed. 

The same NFL world knows Sam is a dumpster fire and has been and that we have no OL….and that is what he got dealt this year. 

so I think they factor all that in and the outside will view him better than Panther fans. 

Yea I'm not ready to call him trash forever as people can learn and improve.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Yea I'm not ready to call him trash forever as people can learn and improve.

He might suck and do nothing.  But you can’t learn anything about him right now IMO in 2021.  If we want to talk about a coach being responsible for the offensive mess it starts and ends with Matt Rhule IMO. 

but I do believe Brady gets fired.  That’s what HCs do.  Sean McDermott was once dealt a poo sandwich and fired because of what the FO did too.  He wasn’t actually the problem with the Philly D.  He just couldn’t scheme around the lack of talent.  

• Pie 1

Just now, CRA said:

He might suck and do nothing.  But you can’t learn anything about him right now IMO in 2021.  If we want to talk about a coach being responsible for the offensive mess it starts and sends with Matt Rhule IMO. 

but I do believe Brady gets fired.  That’s what HCs do.  Sean McDermott was one dealt a poo sandwich and fired because of what the FO did too. 

I mean there is no doubt that Rhule ain't getting scape goated. Time will tell for Brady for sure and as we often do we keep the shitters and lose the actual good coaches so there is some precedent there.

I cannot see Rhule getting fired with the massive contract he has. It could he a buyout if he and Tepper both agree. I don’t see firing Brady only to promote Sean Ryan to offensive coordinator, he hasn’t exactly impressed me as a quarterback coach. Putting together a coaching staff without more seasoned coaches on the staff has been a misstep.  I do think Fitterer will be ok long term. I believe Rhule controlled draft picks as much or more than Fitterer. Remember the joke about Matt Rhule’s wife liking Chiba Hubbard, asking for him to be a draft pick? Might be one of the more solid picks. I don’t think the personnel on this team is awful. Draft or sign some decent O. Lineman and with a middle of the road quarterback this team is at least a .500 ball club.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, CanePantherHornet said:

Part of the blame goes on Joe Brady because he's shown absolutely nothing and hasn't developed players at all. They were bragging about having a 1st round grade on Brady Christiensen at guard and has proceeded to play him at tackle while both guards as a massive weakness. 

You could split Brady C out wide and a CB would bull rush him to the QB.  

11 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Who hired Rhule ?

Who gave Rhule full control, unchallenged control, of personnel ?

Who gave an unproven college coach a 7 year, $65 million contract that made him the 5th highest paid coach in the league ?

you can look at branches or you can look at root cause.  He is the root cause and once that is accepted fans then have to choose what they do about it on Sundays   From the looks of the stands and the stadium atmosphere, they’ve decided 

Tepper is the problem, but he won’t fire himself. Truth is Rhule needs to go. He is not fit for the NFL.  

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1