• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MNF - Fields

CRA

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Meh, if Tepper owns up to his mistake in hiring Rhule and brings in new staff with a record of success in the NFL he'll buy my good will for at least a few more seasons.  If instead he decides to ride the Rhule bus off a cliff for another season or two I'll be forced to find more enjoyable things to do with my Sunday afternoons.

I think I’m already at that point. I haven’t been this apathetic towards panther football since 2010. I was in college, and remember I picked up a job shift on a Sunday, all because I felt there was no point in watching the games. I feel that way now.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Varking said:

It’s the Seattle Super Bowl route. Get 3-4 elite secondary players and hope you hit on a cheaper QB. We just can’t seem to hit on the QB part!

Yeah, it does look like that is what they're attempting to do.

Too bad Rhule and company have no idea what they're doing when it comes to evaluating QBs.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

it's bad. So bad. This franchise is now wrecked beyond any kind of short term repair barring Watson.

Option 1: Get Watson and keep the talent and build the o-line. Try to win now.

Option 2: Dump the talent unless they are really young, and draft a rookie QB. Rebuild and try to aim for winning in like 2024.

Option 3: Bring in another journeyman veteran QB and go into long term 6-11 QB limbo with no hope in sight.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I think I’m already at that point. I haven’t been this apathetic towards panther football since 2010. I was in college, and remember I picked up a job shift on a Sunday, all because I felt there was no point in watching the games. I feel that way now.

There is little to no enjoyment in watching a team supposedly in the rebuilding mode repeatedly shoot itself in the foot when it comes to key personnel decisions.  I still find enjoyment in watching NFL teams with competent leadership, but the Panthers are damn near unwatchable at this point.   

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, pantherj said:

it's bad. So bad. This franchise is now wrecked beyond any kind of short term repair barring Watson.

Option 2: Dump the talent unless they are really young, and draft a rookie QB. Rebuild and try to aim for winning in like 2024.

Option 3: Bring in another journeyman veteran QB and go into long term 6-11 QB limbo with no hope in sight.

This is depressingly accurate 

10 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Crazy how one bad trade and failing to make one easy draft decision can completely wreck a rebuild for years. Everything was in place and they just made it harder on themselves for no reason. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Crazy how one bad trade and failing to make one easy draft decision can completely wreck a rebuild for years. Everything was in place and they just made it harder on themselves for no reason. 

“Easy draft decision” aka draft any QB with a pulse is literally what the bears did. Let’s not forget how many teams passed up fields for very legitimate reasons.

he may be good, he may be bad, he may end up looking like Sam Darnold, only time will tell but not drafting him was correct at the time.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

That's why Rhule needs a guy who will look him in the eyes and tell him:

"If you're wrong about this... it's over. You'll be fired. Are you SURE you want the PROVEN loser Sam Darnold. The 3 season looser who looks brain dead... we're all in on him?"

That's why you don't give Mr. College Coach a 7 year contract. He thinks he's a football god and untouchable.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1