• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What has Cam done?

The Question

9 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

They said he would be willing to be a backup 

Who is they? His camp? Could be but also do you think he’s gonna sign a backup deal for vet min? I don’t know.

I feel like by the time he was vaccinated it was too late this season unless a big playoff contender just happens to have their starter and backup go down. I’m under the impression he’ll be in a camp next season auditioning for a starting job or backing up as serious super bowl contender. 

3 minutes ago, NeederNodder said:

We've burned bridges in Carolina but it's insane how teams like Pittsburgh or Even New Orleans haven't made moves to get him. Any team with him on the roster could be a playoff contender.

NO is fine with their backup, he’ll probably be their starter next year. Simmion or w/e. He’s fits the drew brees mold perfectly. Idk about pittsburg though? 

Cam said it himself, as well as there already being speculation about it.

Basically, he said that he knew he would bring a large amount of distraction and media circus to any team that signed him, even (or maybe especially) if he was a backup.

He has been pretty unfairly hated and ridiculed throughout his entire career.

Full disclosure:  I think Cam is done.  He's just not good anymore.  If anyone thought he had anything left he'd be on a roster.

That said, the bridges here are burned on both ends.  Cam was treated fairly poorly by the current staff and front office. 

Cam doesn't want to come back here.  We clearly don't want him here.  Honestly, I'm not sure Cam really cares about football the way he used to.  He seems happy living his life, and good for him.  He deserves it.

It's very similar to the Steve Smith situation, except Steve was still pretty friggin' good.

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, ickmule said:

One game. I followed the Patriots last year and was on their message boards monitoring the fans, they were ready for cam to be gone. He was throwing passes into the dirt like never before. 

I watched quite a few of their games too, and yes, he threw quite a few of those passes, but he was also throwing to fuging practice squad players all year behind a shell of their usual OL, and he still outproduced our QB who had a plethora of weapons.

And honestly, I don't listen to poo Pats fans have to say...  most of them didn't want him to begin with.  Boston/NE is one of the most racist areas in the country, and you pair that with him having to be the first guy to step in after Brady and he was setup for failure from the beginning.  It didn't matter what he did, they did not want him and were looking for their more picturesque replacement as soon as it was available.

Also, he looked good earlier in the season against Seattle.  So it wasn't just one game.  He really only struggled once he got covid and came back...  He still is capable of flashes of 2015, but I just don't know if he can consistently sustain it for a full season.  Regardless, even in his down games, he is a million times better than what we've fielded since he was released and he's still capable of averaging out to a Top 15 QB not even counting the running production.

• Pie 3