• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers plan on meeting with Cam

ncfan

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Agreed.  I honestly think Tepper forced this.  I can't get the image of his face out of my head when the camera flashed to him during the game a couple weeks ago while opposing fans were cheering and had overran the stadium and Darnold couldn't get poo going.  He just looked disgusted.

I think this is Rhule's last reprieve to fix things, because Tepper seemed to be close to Cam and genuinely like him...  I think he only acquiesced to letting him go because Rhule insisted they needed to so so to build "his program," and he has regretted it ever since.  

You cant say Tepper isn’t willing to do about anything to win.  Seriously the Panthers brass is swinging for the fences all over the place.  Might fail but they are making moves.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Agreed.  I honestly think Tepper forced this.  I can't get the image of his face out of my head when the camera flashed to him during the game a couple weeks ago while opposing fans were cheering and had overran the stadium and Darnold couldn't get poo going.  He just looked disgusted.

I think this is Rhule's last reprieve to fix things, because Tepper seemed to be close to Cam and genuinely like him...  I think he only acquiesced to letting him go because Rhule insisted they needed to so so to build "his program," and he has regretted it ever since.  

Rhule is lucky Tepper saved him from himself.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, KyaKona said:

Followed by?

74766125-F525-4704-8E46-55C23BF45FA1.jpeg

Just thought the same thing.  And chemistry should be good already with Cam and DJ too because they had been working out together in the offseason anyway.

I wonder if Cam coming back home is enough to lure OBJ here, too?

But, one pair of ruined underwear at a time....  first things first.

40 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

The downside is missing Corral or Howell 

You guys are already bitching about Fields and Jones.

We didn’t miss either of those guys. We chose not to draft them.Two different issues. And fug Mac Ankle twisting Jones 4 life.

it would be a better look if you could just admit you never liked Cam and what he represents if you’re now seriously arguing that we would win too many games with him as a valid reason to sit through more Walker/Barkley/Darnold football. You wouldn’t have argued that ridiculous position after the draft as a reason not to sign him. 

• Flames 1

I was kind of sad when I first heard this news because I don't really want to watch Cam get destroyed behind this line again, but when you really think about it this could be a good move just from a solely logical persepctive. There's been a lot of talk about our offense not having a real leader you can turn to when things get tough to pump the team up. Cam will definitely bring that to you. Even if he really is shot as a thrower and is no longer anywhere near top 10 in that category, his running will open up CMC and a lot of the offense and at the very least Cam won't flat out miss wide open guys like Sam does sometimes. The defense is already borderline elite (look at their per drive stats and average starting field position) but has some growing to do and even the OL hasn't been completely terrible lately although it's still a bad unit.

If Cam has something left in the tank he could be good for us, not to mention the obvious emotional baggage here. We need someone to help teach this team how to win. I'm consuming the hopeium goddamnit.

Hopeium by ssSimon_ - FrankerFaceZ

edit: wording

Edited by beo
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If this happens, I'm taking full credit. Attended my first game at BOA in years this past Sunday and of course I was rocking a Cam jersey.

Seeing such a stunningly handsome ideal image of a fan supporting Cam was surely the turning point.

My Cam jersey has been waiting patiently in my closet on a hanger, for this very opportunity.  It knew this story wasn't over, and so did I.

• Pie 1