• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers plan on meeting with Cam

ncfan

Just now, CRA said:

Hey Cam, you can come in and play for a couple weeks and then Matt will bench you for Sam at the end of the year.  Then we will dump you again.  How does that sound? 

I mean,  if that is the pitch but worded pretty?  

Nah, if they had already been talking to him, as being reported, no doubt the plan was to have him take over for Darnold.  Cam wasn't wrong when he said teams couldn't bring him in as a backup because he is too big of a star...  they don't make this move if they are planning to sit him.

Honestly, if anyone from the Panthers organization is watching, this board has been nothing but a doom and gloom bitchfest for the last few weeks to the point of being intolerable.

But this thread on a Thursday morning has over 200 comments in less than an hour, and the vast majority being excitement and positivity.

PANTHERS TAKE NOTE!

THIS IS A HUGE MARKETING WIN!

DO IT!!!

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The expectation bar is low, anything positive would be fun at this point. We had zero better options. I could have hope that Cam will dump that damn ball off if they show him how the blocking has been. Sam couldn't process it fast enough to play that game. Hell, any hope at this point in this season is like finding a diamond on the ground. 

And the people that Cam pisses off by existing is fun to watch. Again, the chance of great football went out the window this offseason, why not have some fun? 

I don't want to have fun at the expense of watching Cam get abused on the field. I would rather not watch him damage his legacy further by throwing bad passes everywhere because he doesn't have it anymore. Im not a selfish fan. That's not the last memory of him I want to see personally. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I'm glad people in here are excited about the Camolina Panthers right now ... but it makes me laugh you guys are okay with losing seasons again ... just as long as Cam is your QB. It will be nice to see/hear a full stadium of Panthers fans though.

Newsflash: We weren’t winning poo with Darnold or PJ. At least Cam gives us a chance. If he fails we are no worse off for it. What’s the downside?

• Beer 2