• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CAM NEWTON IS NOT THE ANSWER. THIS IS A MISTAKE.

kungfoodude

2 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

It's poetic irony how the once proud faction of Huddle "realists" have now become what they hate the most: *gasp* Sunshine Pumpers!!!!

I mean Cam is obviously not the answer...but hell I am just hoping for some exciting football which we have been sorely lacking for several consecutive weeks.

I really have to ask why we have factions in the same fan base anyways it’s kinda weird 

I don't think Cam is the answer, but I don't think the signing was a mistake.

To me, the answer is a young QB who isn't completely broken mentally.  In that respect, Cam isn't the answer.

Is Cam the best QB on our roster right now?  Yes, he probably is.

Can he overcome the very questionable play calls from Joe Brady?  Remains to be seen.  He's worked with worse, that's for sure.

I will say this, it doesn't take much arm to check it down to CMC.  The onus will be on our coaching staff to balance our players exposure.  As long as we don't overuse any of our players, we should be watchable on offense at least.

• Beer 1

Just now, Ace420 said:

Cam was brought in because we had no other options. You guys getting your hopes up for 2015 cam are setting yourselves up for failure. 

This is a stop gap move.

Whether you like Cam or not does t matter. He isnt the same player that you guys ate hoping for.

All I'm hoping for is a QB that can get the ball to our playmakers and avoid turnovers.  Cam is more than capable of both of those things still.

He got the ball to NE's playmakers... such as they were.  Edelman had one of his best games of his career with him. Myers had a career year, and averaged 3 ypr more than he is this year. He gave D. Byrd multiple highlight reel passes. Career year for the dude with more than 600 yards.  Byrd might be our 4th receiver... Or 5th lol.  

5 of Cams 10 ints last year came in 2 games post covid... The rest of the year he was overall good at taking care of the ball.

So Cam fits what we needed this year and potentially next too.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is the perfect love right now. Cam is the best QB on the market and it mends a bridge that looked to be years away from potentially being mended. It also lights a fire under a pissed off at best and apathetic at worst fanbase.

Give me Cam for this year and bring him back next year to be Sam Howell's wet nurse and this fan couldn't be happier.

He will win too many games for you to get Sam.

Cam cost you Sam. Are you now conflicted?