• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinions: what prompted the Cam signing

Jmac

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

This decision is all upside tbh. Even if Cam doesn't perform here, most fans won't blame the team for trying.

Cam is the best option we have at QB. He also fits the new identity we are trying to emphasize perfectly. 

It's definitely all upside.

Cam comes in and makes us look competent on offense?  Win.

Cam comes in and shows that he isn't an NFL QB anymore?  Win.

Cam comes in, plays ok but the offense is still bad?  Win.

The only potential downside is that Cam comes in, plays ok to good, and then we let him walk again.  That's really the only way we can eff this up.

• Pie 3

Side A: compare the last 2 QBs to a more known QB, even if not 100% old self. If same stick as last 2 it's damning more of the OL/Brady/WRS if same poo known entity under center with Cam. If it's better than last 2 QBs by a bunch, it's damning of all who got Cam out the door to start 2020. There is also a chance cam is no longer worth a darn and that says nothing of the team, but odds are comparisons and judging of the staff other players/staff outside Cam will get a lot of heat no matter how this goes.

Side B: win now mode/money grab for fans excited cause Cam. Win or lose it's $ that this is also about too vs crap QBs with no history with the team.

4 hours ago, Jmac said:

Was it the state of the QB situation? Was it the fan base jumping ship? Did Tepper over ride Rhule and make the decision?

What is your gut feelings on this? After getting fleeced by the Jets, they are back to square one. The photo of Cam and Tepper is something else (like best buddies.)

Don't  see Rhule anywhere around. What do u think was the motivation to do this?

I 100% believe the reason why it so long for cam to sign with any team cause to cam newton it was always either its Carolina panthers or bust! He's right where he wants to be.  Let's face it, he's probably the most loved player in Carolina history 

17 minutes ago, Geronimo said:

I 100% believe the reason why it so long for cam to sign with any team cause to cam newton it was always either its Carolina panthers or bust! He's right where he wants to be.  Let's face it, he's probably the most loved player in Carolina history 

Cam playing 8D chess.

• Pie 1

I think what promoted the Cam signing is all our QB's play like hot ass on a humind day. I think Sam's arm has the accuracy of one of those t-shirt shooting air guns. PJ's arm I would lump in the same category as well. I just hate for Cam being behind this offensive line. He will be running for his life. I hope he retires a Panther also. He was a great guy for the community of Charlotte and I absolutely LOVED how good he was with kids. He has a good heart and deserves more credit for being such a good dude. His skills may not be what they once were possibly but it will be nice to see him in a Panthers uniform again.