• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Players Talk Cam Newton Signing..Except Shaq

PanthersGOATFan336

6 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Our media's questions are painful to listen to.

I won’t watch for this reason alone.  Hearing David Newton on air today with Stephen A Smith and Molly Q on ESPN, trying to sound like a competent journalist, was cringe worthy at a minimum.

33 minutes ago, Varking said:

He’s trying to tell his teammates that they need to focus on this game where Cam isn’t going to help them. Don’t just throw in the towel this week and look ahead to next week because Cam will be back. We could steal a win here. That’s the thought anyway. He’s not annoyed Cam is back. 

Thankful we have a level-head reply on the first page before this gets outer space on theories.....

Shaq is taking a leadership role on this...

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 2

Shaq stated his case, repeated it even, ‘the focus is going 1-0 this week’, not hard to see he was annoyed by the ‘outside noise’ questions. Hell, he even thanked a reporter for asking about K.Murray instead of Cam… He’dabeen happy to answer more questions of the like but thems were asking the wrong questions…

im good with his focus being where it is, Cam won’t likely be of any help on Sunday…

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:
10 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Nothingburger...

Wrong Im an CIA expert in body language and speech patterns, Shaq clearly hates Cam. 

Not sure if you're joking but there was a report in the past by Booger McFarland who said "people I talk to in Carolina tell me Cam's not a leader and not well liked by a lot of his teammates."

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out...

...and ends. 

The current administration is 0-3 on managing QB situations to a positive outcome -- will this one be different?

46 minutes ago, Varking said:

He’s trying to tell his teammates that they need to focus on this game where Cam isn’t going to help them. Don’t just throw in the towel this week and look ahead to next week because Cam will be back. We could steal a win here. That’s the thought anyway. He’s not annoyed Cam is back. 

True, Shaq is a leader of a young defense, a bunch who have never even met Cam. They looked pretty lost without him for those few weeks so he knows better than anyone how to manage this situation. Rhule's presser on the other hand, I think he was trying to maybe downplay it or something but it mostly came across as petty. I think fans would just appreciate Rhule to speak a little more straight up and chill on the word salad

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Not sure if you're joking but there was a report in the past by Booger McFarland who said "people I talk to in Carolina tell me Cam's not a leader and not well liked by a lot of his teammates."

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out...

...and ends. 

The current administration is 0-3 on managing QB situations to a positive outcome -- will this one be different?

Im BSing/memeing/joking. I can easily see how Cam doesnt get along with all the teammates, but who does these days? I care about winning, not feelings. And the current admin is far wore than 0-3 about QBs..... missed on first time Cam, Watson 5X times, stafford didnt have the same convictions as staff, 2 drafts of passing on QBs, free agents, etc, maybe few others that public doesnt know. 

A complete fug up in the QB department and it being the most important spot.....welllll

Everybody nailed it already but this is what I want out of team captains. Laser focus. He is probably stoked as hell because he is a leader of a damn good defense that has been ruined by being the unit to carry the team. He also is looking out for PJ because you have to know he's antzy about his start on top of now Cam being back.

I pray to God that Cam is 100% healthy and that shoulder holds up. If so, Cam being back is great. If he can't hit the long ball still consistently, we're no better off except we'll steal some first downs through Cam running for his life.

• Pie 1