• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Start PJ and Use Cam in goal line packages like you did aginst the Cardinals

Hayden Panettiere

43 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

I don’t understand how people conclude that PJ should start based on the Cardinals game. Cam not knowing 90% of the playbook is better than PJ.

I mean that isn’t probably true.   And I am a Cam stan. 

we got a garbage OL.  We can’t have a super tiny playbook and effectively get CMC going.  

PJ just being able to communicate to the team and audible into the right CMC play mattered on Sunday.  Cam couldn’t do that yet.  He might know what he would like to do vs looks….but communicating the actual plays to everyone in real time is different.    

it all depends how fast they can get Cam up and running….in what isn’t even a week and half.   I’m no fan of setting Cam up to look bad.  I want the Cam revival to work.   And still don’t trust Rhule. 

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, mav1234 said:

I'm glad PJ didn't completely implode like Darnold did, but at some point we have to expect actually good QB play from a starter, heh.  PJ completed 1 pass beyond 10 yards (that traveled in the air more than 10 yards), added to his unimpressive interception total, and had lots of errant throws.  Fine if he's our back up, but we really need Cam up to speed asap to keep this momentum rolling IMO.

yeah it was 10 yards because thats the play that  was called. just like the design play that was created for cam to score.

4 hours ago, TF330 said:

yeah but the difference is Cam was signed two days previously. PJ has been in this offense for two full years and knows the entire playbook and we can't can't trust our starting qb to throw for more than 10 yards on 29 passes? time for Cam to take the reigns 

I'm sure it'll be 70% cam 30% pj or something like that as ease cam in

its not trust with pj. its politics. pj didnt play because of teddy and sam's contracts. rhule knew pj was better, but because of politics and status quo, pj had to wait. and we lost because because of that. and no, i don't think cam should take the reigns, his arm is very limited. 2 qb system is the way to go.

6 hours ago, BrianS said:

Said it in another thread, I'll say it here.

You have to ask yourself two questions:  Is there anything PJ can do that Cam cannot? . . . . Is there anything PJ does better than Cam?  If you answer no to both those questions you start Cam and don't look back.

yeah. pj can read defenses a little better hence all the audibles. and his arm is fresh. 

6 hours ago, Chiefzack said:

Sam Darnold looked like a legit NFL starter for 3 games, once teams get film on you, it's over.

There was zero film on P.J. except a bunch of bad stuff in 2020 where the defense carried him and in 2021 where he played awful when he got a chance after Darnold was benched.

We are one of the WORST red zone teams in the NFL until Cam got here, where his abilities in the red zone got us TDs.

Cam Newton gives us the BEST CHANCE to win. Keep in mind, this Washington team just beat TOM BRADY by 10 last week, you really think they won't find ways to get P.J. Walker this week from the film? P.J. threw an interception and if I remember correctly, had 1-2 dropped. 

Kyle Allen had this team 5-3 in 2019, that stopped real quick didn't it?

Don't screw around with backups, get the run game going and put it through the air when you need to.

pj is a backup. every team plays the backup the same way. no need for film, the cardinals have a good defense but couldn't stop anything. yall don't have to tear down pj to uplift cam.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, panthers55 said:

You need to start Cam. The point of bringing him in is to see what he has left. He cant do that sitting the bench or only playing in the redzone. If he struggles then consider PJ or a platooning method. Until then let Cam do his thing.

why do people say this? did yall not see cam in new england? at this point, he is more ryan fitzpatrick. meaning he is good for some games and sometimes not. 

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Cry more. I know it's devastating to you that Cam Newton is back. You had just gotten used to him being gone. You'd rather lose with bums like Darnold than win with Cam. Feel free to root for the WFT this Sunday. Trust me when I say that we won't miss you. Bum.

You're a mod here?  You definitely seem to be letting your emotions and love for Cam get the best of you.  It's ok for people to not be sold on Cam.  He was on a decline the last we saw him, he has had multiple nagging injuries and he was sitting at home last week.  The same as it is ok for the people who constantly bashed Darnold or PJ, or any other qb we have had since Cam that you have agreed with.  Stop taking questions about Cam's current potential level of play as personal attacks.

I don't care who starts at the present, I'm very comfortable with PJ getting some burn until Cam is fully up to speed. 

PJ proved he's a competent QB last game and that's all this team has really needed with the run game and defense that we have. 

I saw him take command at the line scrimmage and get the team in the right play more than I saw Darnold do all year. 

Cam was brought here to play and he will but if it's in the best interest of the team to use both, then go for it. 

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just remember, you asked for this.

51 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

You're a mod here?  You definitely seem to be letting your emotions and love for Cam get the best of you.  It's ok for people to not be sold on Cam.  He was on a decline the last we saw him, he has had multiple nagging injuries and he was sitting at home last week.  The same as it is ok for the people who constantly bashed Darnold or PJ, or any other qb we have had since Cam that you have agreed with.  Stop taking questions about Cam's current potential level of play as personal attacks.

And because he is a mod he can use dude's terrible posting history to shut him down. People calling names or what they call personal attacks isn't really what ruins this board. It is the shite posting and switching up people do to fit the current narrative. Literally a huge chunk of posters have disappeared that were here super involved just a month ago. They were all saying Cam was absolutely worthless and all the man had to do was get healthy. They acted like Sam Darnold was the best thing since sliced bread. I admire Catsfan69 for still being here, but he was flat out wrong and way out of line with his posts before about the most important player in franchise history. So, @LinvilleGorge brought it to his front porch and called him out for his bum posting. And then hit him with examples. I got way more respect for that than other Huddle heavy hitters ala Mr. Scot that act like people aren't even worth debating because they don't have 40k post counts. 

Lastly, Cam wasn't on decline last time we saw him. He was injured. Carolina jettisoned him instead of letting him heal up. In the meantime it has been a huge diarrhea blowout of QB play here with no plan. Sorry if people that were super happy with losing as long as Cam wasn't the QB have to eat a little humble pie stuffed with crow now. 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Cam is the spiritual and actual leader of this team. He got the keys to the franchise and everyone needs to get used to that again. 

Cam has grown tremendously since he was last here. He's been with arguably the "best(most coddled)" franchise in football.

All the haters, he didn't go to the Jets, Dolphins, Lions or Bengals. He went to a "top notch" organization. He's back now at a, young for a QB age of 32.

What people fail to realize is in totality this may be a better Cam than when he left because of reasons stated above, and a better man because he was starting to focus on being a full time dad instead of "Cam Newton".

He's obviously more excited than we are. He's grown and developed since we were last analyzing his every move. I'm excited to see the new Cam. 

He said he was coming to a team that would allow Cam to be Cam. We haven't seen THAT guy since Chud left plus he's more seasoned now. I'm excited to see our new QB.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

And because he is a mod he can use dude's terrible posting history to shut him down. People calling names or what they call personal attacks isn't really what ruins this board. It is the shite posting and switching up people do to fit the current narrative. Literally a huge chunk of posters have disappeared that were here super involved just a month ago. They were all saying Cam was absolutely worthless and all the man had to do was get healthy. They acted like Sam Darnold was the best thing since sliced bread. I admire Catsfan69 for still being here, but he was flat out wrong and way out of line with his posts before about the most important player in franchise history. So, @LinvilleGorge brought it to his front porch and called him out for his bum posting. And then hit him with examples. I got way more respect for that than other Huddle heavy hitters ala Mr. Scot that act like people aren't even worth debating because they don't have 40k post counts. 

Lastly, Cam wasn't on decline last time we saw him. He was injured. Carolina jettisoned him instead of letting him heal up. In the meantime it has been a huge diarrhea blowout of QB play here with no plan. Sorry if people that were super happy with losing as long as Cam wasn't the QB have to eat a little humble pie stuffed with crow now. 

So people haven't been doing the exact same thing about Darnold all season until Cam came?  How is it different? 

• Beer 1