• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule plans to rotate QBs like RBs

NAS

I'm not sure what all the hand wringing is about PJ did a good job last week against a good defense and has ran this offense for 2 years. Cam has been in the building for a week and 1/2. 

They ae trying to get him up to speed without putting the full load on his back. If PJ is incapable and making the offense sputter, then Cam will take the reigns sooner rather than later. 

If PJ doesn't sputter then that's one more thing defense coordinators will need to prepare for. 

The Saints have been running duel Qb's with Hill the last few seasons. The year Denver won the Super Bowl over us Manning was a part time starter.  This isn't something new under the sun. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

Im not so naive as to think Cam is 100% ready.  He’s still learning the playbook and verbiage.  It may be 3-4 more weeks before he’s got enough reps to learn it.  PJ will be needed.  I accept that.  But I believe it might telegraph our move.

i think it will be fine. it's one thing knowing hat we are going to do. it's another stopping it. you put Cam and CMC in there together and there's not much that can stop it...esp. if that OL is blocking like it did against a very good AZ defense and DJ/Robbie all of a sudden learning how to catch...it's pretty lethal. 

and PJ is good enough to move the chains in between Cam plays. i think it will work until Cam is ready to take the full load on, but even at that....if we can make it work with two QBs, why not let it work? If something works, no matter how unconventional it is, keep working it until it doesn't work anymore. if it's effective, keep doing it until it isn't effective anymore.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Worked really well against one of the best football teams in the league last week. I’m not against it. Keyshawn Johnson shared that it will take Cam about 4 weeks total to get the full playbook down, and thats ambitious. 

Smart move

Perfect time to have a bye this year considering the situation

17 minutes ago, Varking said:

I don’t think sporadic play is good for Cam or for PJ. 

I disagree Cam can provide that spark and edge to the offense and be a force in the run game and red zone,  and PJ can implement the full game plan that Brady wants to run. 

Washington now has to prepare for everything and not a dialed down version of the playbook.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Toomers said:

If Rhule were actually planning on doing this, why would he say so? Cam played 2-3 years with the WR1, RB1, and TE1. How do you think a PJ INT would go over after a couple series from Cam? This fan base would riot. And rightfully so. One QB is here because they didn’t have faith that the other could do the job. Enough to swallow as much pride as I’ve ever seen and gave him 6M to prove it. 

How much longer are fans going to believe Rhule is being honest in statements like these. Nor should he be. Cam learns an NFL offense in 6 weeks as probably the least prepared top QB prospect besides Trey Lance. A decade ago. And threw for 800 yds in 2 games.  Should they have played Pickles to ease the transition. That day passed when they decided to call Cams agent. Cams doesn’t get the job done, and they took their shot. Put PJ in and he does anything bad, and all that goodwill of the last 10 days is gone. 

It wasn't a swallow of pride. It was making a adjustment to a situation. Yes PJ will throw INTs and so will Cam. I mean he threw 8 last year. So we are going to be Team PJ and Team Cam for the rest of the season? How about be happy we have a coach not content on mediocrity and blaming injuries for failure. We have a system and anyone with half a brain knows Cam will eventually be running the show but right now we have to build a system around him and PJ. Just enjoy the show and stop worrying who is the lead. 

Edited by Snake
  • Pie 1

8 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

I’m fine with it until cam gets up to speed. But once he gets it down he needs to be the starter. 

I am thinking this is how it will play out. Once Cam gets the playbook down he will be the starter. We still may see a QB combo for the next couple of games. 

9 hours ago, NAS said:

Literally said it on a radio interview on Sirius XM that he looks at the QB position and rotation like he does with RBs. I expect this may be the new “normal” for the remainder of the season. PJ may come in instead of Cam based on certain defensive looks or packages.  

Why not?  The oposing defense has to plan for two QB's.  I expect it to be a good thing.

8 hours ago, rayzor said:

That's one way to extend the life of Cams shoulder.

It's not ideal, but it could work...for a while anyways. 

Part of me thinks it will make it harder for defenses to scheme against, but it could also make it easier depending on how it was done. 

I'm not seeing where it could be easier.  Can you elaborate?