• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton film breakdown

Luciu5

He played pretty well. 

Only a couple of mistakes unfortunately one on the last play.

Cmac really good job on a few of those plays.

We still see some line issues center way down field on that td lol. The holds.

Recievers sure don't look like they are separating as a whole.

Still have some scheme issues as well. 

Defense lost the game.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Did we even try to go deep once against them?

I think the seam route to CMC was the longest throw. I don't ever remember seeing a "normal" deep shot that traveled 35+ yards in the air. Very frustrating and you're literally going out of your way to make it easier for the defense to guard you with those play designs.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

I think the seam route to CMC was the longest throw. I don't ever remember seeing a "normal" deep shot that traveled 35+ yards in the air. Very frustrating and you're literally going out of your way to make it easier for the defense to guard you with those play designs.

They dialed one up on the trick play, but as the video shows, Washington covered it perfectly.

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

There is one other guy who has a QB school in MD maybe? He sure did love Darnold after the Texans game though so idk.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AllThingsQB

There's a few, I haven't checked that guy out but with especially Warner at least it'd be inarguable as it is also inevitable that they'd have no idea what they are hearing at face value so some of it is predicated on them being former NFL QBs and with Warner a HoFer...inarguable.

Some of the other people you'd have to already have half a clue what is going on to be able to accept what they are saying the way people are about things. Its too much to ask to take what it said rather than who said it for people I suppose.

1 hour ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

for whatever reason, next gen stats has literally every QB passing chart up from last week but the Panthers game. 

• Flames 1

40 minutes ago, trueblade said:

They dialed one up on the trick play, but as the video shows, Washington covered it perfectly.

Moore was wide open but I'm not sure what happened. It would have been a real long bomb and idk if Cam thought it was too far or just too late. Either way, timing was completely wrong on that play which is why there was the snafu with Tremble on the sideline.

43 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

This guy exposed Brady a few times--calling the first run pass option a college play then questioning the play calling late (in so many words).

in fairness, he wasn't dissing that opening TD playcall.  It put a lot of stress on the defense and created a very easy redzone TD.   That was actually a very good playcall.  Brady doesn't have many to his name this year.   But that one was great.  

Late in the game was more the basic Brady playbook.   And where all the troubled plays were.   I think he noted it was amazing Cam even got a completion on the one we turned it over on downs and came up short on.  There was literally nothing there.   And the game ender, was horrible design given the yardage needed. 

• Pie 2