• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Clean House Thread

Zod

47 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Jackass I've been one of the few that was against the Rhule hire when it happened, even got banned off the main forum for a bit for voicing my displeasures but nontheless he was hired to a 7 year contract and is a PROGRAM BUILDER meaning he rarely has had success in the first year or two at the places he's been. I would assume he'd get at least 3 years before he was fired whether your whine and cheese ass wants to believe it or not it is likely to happen

There has always been clear progression though. We're watching regression. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Yes, it's a rebuild. That's how rebuilds work. The Defense is set. The rest still needs work. That's obvious. It's only been 1 and a half seasons plus the first season was Covid rules and we just got our GM. Rome wasn't built in a day. Things take time. I know that's a strange concept for some people these days but that's the way it is. Rhule is here to stay for a while. He will be given time. His contract sys as much and the Owner has said this will take time as well. It will stink for a while longer I'd imagine but you must see things through for better or worse. To change everything every 2 seasons because you didn't win the lotter is what stupid franchises do. I will never recommend doing what they do because it's stupid. You make your choices and you ride it out. You don't cry and shout. 

This is the NFL not college. Rhule won't be given as much time as you think. If he comes back next year and we don't make the playoffs he will be fired. 

NFL can't have rebuilds that take years and years you will lose money and fan interest. Which is a already happening. Tepper is a billionaire, and not the first to fire a coach who was obviously not working out not long into his contract. 

When it comes down to it firing Rhule is his decision and I feel like Rhule's seat is very hot right now.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

44 minutes ago, outlaw4 said:

Bringing Cam back was a business decision from a nervous owner that saw interest in the season starting to wane. Hiring Rhule was a move from a nervous owner that thought another team was going to take him. To have that same individual make any future moves makes me nervous because they could be based more on whims that neglects long term benefits for short term satisfaction.

And personally, I find the "poor coaching, uninspired play" talking point so overused that it means nothing to me anymore. Frankly, we are not as talented as we think we are.

I disagree it’s the same group we had last year with better players. Last years team was competitive in every game 

12 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Yes, it's a rebuild. That's how rebuilds work. The Defense is set. The rest still needs work. That's obvious. It's only been 1 and a half seasons plus the first season was Covid rules and we just got our GM. Rome wasn't built in a day. Things take time. I know that's a strange concept for some people these days but that's the way it is. Rhule is here to stay for a while. He will be given time. His contract sys as much and the Owner has said this will take time as well. It will stink for a while longer I'd imagine but you must see things through for better or worse. To change everything every 2 seasons because you didn't win the lottery is what stupid franchises do. I will never recommend doing what they do because it's stupid. You make your choices and you ride it out. You don't cry and shout. 

Defense is set? You watched the last two games?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Go back and look at my posts from 2 months ago.  Was telling y’all he was done.  

You and 4 other posters have been saying this for like 4 years now.

either you guys need nfl gm interviews or It could be that you guys don’t know exactly what “done” is 

Edited by Cpt slay a ho

52 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

PROGRAM BUILDER

This talk was cringe months ago now it's just embarrassing. Can people please stop saying crap like this? We are a doormat we went 0-4 against the NFC East ffs this is NOT college there are no "programs" only professionals and real talent.

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There has always been clear progression though. We're watching regression. 

By progression you are talking about seasons 2011 -> 2012 correct? The years in which we went 6-10 and then 7-9? Well if Rhule manages to win 2 more games this year that puts us at a 7-10 record. The 2012 Carolina Panthers were 3-8 during Rivera's 2nd season as HC before closing out the season with a 5-1 record. Was that clear progression evident when the 2012 team was 2-8 during the first 10 weeks of that season? No, it wasn't it looked a lot like regression from 2011. I imagine these forums then looked a lot like they do right now.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

Capers--> NFC Championship year 2

Fox--> Super Bowl year 2

Rivera--> 7-9 year 2, but was 5-3 in the back half of the season with a 4 game win streak to close it out to warrant a 3rd year .  Year 3 we were in the playoffs.

Rhule has lost this team.  Outside of the Falcons and perhaps the Saints, we aren't winning another game. Set aside 3-0 start, this team has been in obvious decline as the season wears on.

• Pie 1