• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Clean House Thread

Zod

13 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

By progression you are talking about seasons 2011 -> 2012 correct? The years in which we went 6-10 and then 7-9? Well if Rhule manages to win 2 more games this year that puts us at a 7-10 record. The 2012 Carolina Panthers were 3-8 during Rivera's 2nd season as HC before closing out the season with a 5-1 record. Was that clear progression evident when the 2012 team was 2-8 during the first 10 weeks of that season? No, it wasn't it looked a lot like regression from 2011. I imagine these forums then looked a lot like they do right now.

We were building with a franchise QB and would make the playoffs the following year. In 2012 we went 5-1 down the stretch. Rhule has 5 games left. If we got 4-1 then I might change my mind. But what are the odds of that? He’s hopelessly fuged this roster and there’s no franchise guy who can turn it around. 2012 and this year are not remotely the same situation. I’d argue this year is more akin to 2001 or 2010 where there are some pieces but not nearly enough holes filled to be competitive. If you want to be really optimistic you could compare this year to 02 and pray for a miracle pickup to become the next Delhomme and Steven Davis combo. 

14 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Rivera got 3 years to start winning and I'm sure Matt Rhule with his 7 year contract will get at least 1 more year as well. Rivera was 6-10 and 7-9 and a lot of people were saying the same thing about him not being HC material...he then won 2 COY awards. Rhule is a program builder which means it was going to take time to see winning results. A lot of you, like 99% of you were on board with this hire when it happened and even said you'd be willing to give him 3-4 seasons before you expected a playoff team, well it's only year 2.

Lots of cap room next year to fix the oline and retool the defense, Cam should be brought back on another 1 year deal this time with a full offseason w/ the team under his belt in a make or break it year and then go from there. No young QBs to grab in next years draft so if we suck again next year we'll at least be in position to grab a young QB with a new HC the next year if it doesnt workout.

We aren’t seeing progress. Are we really supposed to believe that Rhule has some master plan that involves constructing the worst offensive line in the league and bringing in two crappy QBs just to say “gotcha!” right before he goes on a huge run in year 3 and teabags all his detractors?

This is the roster that he intentionally assembled. He’s had time to fix the offense and instead has made it worse. The defense is marginally better but still has glaring weaknesses. His top draft pick in the all-defense draft is trending into Vernon Butler territory.

The 7 year deal for Rhule is kinda like the 5th year option for Sam. Tepper thought he had found some generational coach and he was gonna show everyone by locking him up long term at a steal. If Rhule had actually lived up to the hype and brought the franchise what his contract suggests, then 9 mil per year is on the average end of great coach’s salary and look we’ve got him locked up for 7 years! Look how smart that move was, I’m such a brilliant foreshadower!! Instead Tepper outsmarted himself and just looks like a dumbass who is as clueless as Rhule. There is no such thing as a long-term rebuild in the NFL.

Edited by BIGH2001

8 hours ago, Actionman0z said:

Do the players play or do the coaches play? Do you see crazy busted assignments, or do you see one guy missing a block (Chuba Hubbard) on the punt, went outside instead of inside which is a high school mistake, Burris missing a wide open tackle on Waddle (one of the fastest WR in the NFL, take your pick of OL holding or false starting, particularly after a nice run… that’s what I see. I don’t see busted coverages. I see a smallish defense get bullied by jumbo packages or 3 TE sets, guys missing fits trying to be a hero… if we didn’t have self inflicted offensive woes, teams wouldn’t be able to stick to their game plan… and we could force them out of what they want to do…. We did that in every single win. Every play designed offensively if executed right can score. Every defense play designed if executed right should result in a 0 yard gain, or a pass breakup without a penalty. We can “adjust” only so much based on available personnel. Games are won by who executes better. Case In point. Nobody talks about the fact that the Panthers had a better defensive performance in the Super Bowl, because we lost. Turnovers killed us. But all that was overshadowed by a 24-10 loss. What people should be mad at is the fact that with this staff, players aren’t improving. It’s the staffs job to develop players, and teach them how to do it better. So far, they aren’t doing that to the degree that they should be. The staff should be accountable for that. But let’s see where this goes. 

Our D-line is "small" at DE for the most part, our interior D-linemen aren't able to hold their ground against the run and Burns and Reddick are pure pass rushers only at this point.  I also think YGM is somewhat undersized as well.

We are being gashed on off tackle runs - we don't have the beef up front to stop it or the will to either.  Teams start running on us then we put more men in the box and start going man to man coverage and then Donte gets exposed all game long.  We put more men in the box and then drop to zone coverage and allow underneath throws against our corners...

Teams have the plan now on how to beat our defense and nullify our blitz:  run off tackle, delayed runs to areas where Reddick and Burns have vacated, screens.  Also need to add the fact that we really didn't get to Tua all that much with the blitzes we did bring. 

I don't know if Brown is a bust or we just need another big man who can help inside, but this has to be addressed as well.

Also, DJax can't be paid like an elite level CB....he started off the season well but he's been exposed the last 2-3 weeks. 

• Pie 1

We are way past cleaning and are into burning it down territory.

There are not many people in the building that should remain. Front office and coaches, just burn it all down.

Hire a consultant to help hire the new GM and coach. Then we can talk about a 3 year build up.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Said it in another thread...

If there is a head coaching search next year, please for the love of all that's holy don't let David Tepper be the one who runs it.

There isn't anyone in house I am comfortable with running it. Zero...

We need outside help desperately to salvage anyone employed by this organization currently.

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

There isn't anyone in house I am comfortable with running it. Zero...

We need outside help desperately to salvage anyone employed by this organization currently.

It was catastrophically stupid to not have an assistant HC with lots of prior NFL experience regardless honestly of how good or bad he was. I mean even a flub out with like 12+ years or something still would be better than just all college guys...like wtf were they thinking

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rhule says no staffing changes.

Granted, Rhule says a lot of things 😕

That should be enough to not have a year 3 right there.

We should see staff changes soon after the bye week if the current trajectory continues. Why not, might find a gem wasting behind a wall of poo.

• Pie 1