• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Move CMC to slot receiver in 2022

Zod

He won’t be nearly as a effective. People overrate just receiving skills cause he gets covered by LB the majority of time, when teams put nickel backs on him he gets shutdown. 

I seriously think he needs to lose some muscle, dude is a naturally 200 pounds, but has ballooned up to 210 maybe 215. Put him at slot and take a major cut on his contract

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Never happen. WR franchise tag is nearly twice that of a RB. WR salaries are far higher than RBs.

You are correct about coverage, though. He could routinely beat LBs, but nickel CBs will shut him down.

No true slot WR is getting paid more than Mccaffrey. 

• Pie 1

Just now, GoobyPls said:

No true slot WR is getting paid more than Mccaffrey. 

That's not what I said.

Top 5 salary average for a WR the last 5 seasons is almost $16M. If you tag a WR, whether he plays #1, 2 or slot makes no difference. Remember the TE a couple years ago when a TE tried to get WR franchise tag money because of the number of receptions he had?

Top 5 average salary for a RB the last 5 seasons is about $8.7M.

33 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

That's not what I said.

Top 5 salary average for a WR the last 5 seasons is almost $16M. If you tag a WR, whether he plays #1, 2 or slot makes no difference. Remember the TE a couple years ago when a TE tried to get WR franchise tag money because of the number of receptions he had?

Top 5 average salary for a RB the last 5 seasons is about $8.7M.

But op specifically said slot WR some I’m using that context. The fact is Mccaffrey will never see that type of money again playing slot, and it would be crazy to pay a slot WR 17 mill.

1. Trade him to whatever contender falls short this year.  KC, Buffalo, etc. would probably salivate at the idea of CMC in their offense

2. If a trade isn't possible, yupppp.  CMC needs to be a WR from here on out. A few rushes a game, but protect the investment you made.  If you can't get rid of the contract, you better maximize a way for him to stay on the field and earn it. 

• Beer 1