• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donte Jackson headed to injured reserve

SgtJoo

47 minutes ago, countryboi said:

setting ourself up for the ol injury excuse. Jackson is a good young corner, I would try to make an offer to him and Gilmore and see what happens 

Absolutely not. Horn, Taylor and Henderson are better and on rookie deals. Let Donte and Bouye go and see if Gilmore takes the hometown discount for his last few years

• Pie 4

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Teams that can run the ball effectively can pretty much impose their will on us.

I'm not sure Jackson being out makes a difference on that front one way or the other.

Thats because we have the 2 smallest EDGE/DE guys maybe in the whole NFL starting.  Reddick and Burns are great at getting after the QB, but they get absolutely bullied in the run game.  Its a very big issue that we have no answer for. 

Just now, joemac said:

Thats because we have the 2 smallest EDGE/DE guys maybe in the whole NFL starting.  Reddick and Burns are great at getting after the QB, but they get absolutely bullied in the run game.  Its a very big issue that we have no answer for. 

There was word prior to the season that the team wanted Burns to put on some weight and add some muscle.

He did, but apparently not enough.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Teams that can run the ball effectively can pretty much impose their will on us.

I'm not sure Jackson being out makes a difference on that front one way or the other.

I agree about the run game, but specifically to how we were being effectively attacked in the passing game when our opponent needed to pass, the last two weeks they went after Donte.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The way this played out with Donte, especially what happened as of late, reminds me a lot of what happened with Whitehead last season.

They talked him up, named him a captain, he ends up getting picked on in games, suddenly has a mystery injury pop up and gets demoted/benched, or in this case, IR'd.

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I agree about the run game, but specifically to how we were being effectively attacked in the passing game when our opponent needed to pass, the last two weeks they went after Donte.

Ron pretty thoroughly demonstrated the old saying "what I built, I can destroy".

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

The way this played out with Donte, especially what happened as of late, reminds me a lot of what happened with Whitehead last season.

They talked him up, named him a captain, he ends up getting picked on in games, suddenly has a mystery injury pop up and gets demoted/benched, or in this case, IR'd.

Donte played well for the most part though, Whitehead was just horrifyingly bad.