• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nobody talking about Minshew?

BurnNChinn

34 minutes ago, frankw said:

Sam Darnold PJ Walker and Will Grier. Panthers fans talking about jag qb's is hilarious.

So let's add another to list to make your point what exactly?? 

I think its hilarious you want to add more jag terrible QBS to the list..

That's like saying "I have syphilis, and chlamydia.. Why not add gonorrhea??

Edited by WOW!!

3 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Your posting stats without context, he put up a bunch of garbage time numbers while getting beat by double digits. Both Luton and Glennon came in and also had good games statistically.

Yeah but that showed more promise than Darnold’s stint in NY, he was a safer and better option than darnold is my point. 

3 hours ago, WOW!! said:

That's your opinion.. I think he got 2 years to prove he was the QB and played them into Lawrence .. Again he was undrafted for a reason.. I don't understand why you can't see the limitations in having a QB with below avg. Arm talent and way below avg. Physical attributes... This is way he wasn't as wanted by most teams and why he isn't worth what other QB are. 

I think he was in a similar situation as darnold and showed more promise, nfl gm’s make critical mistakes year in and out, if teams want to trot out lesser qbs have at it but they’re usually the teams making head coaching changes also because of those decisions. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Beat me to it...

I wanted him over every option other than drafting a QB. The reason he is inconsistent is because that is what Jacksonville has in terms of playmakers around him. And any time they have had decent talent at WR they either get hurt or Jacksonville lets them walk away. Despite that he had 37 touchdowns to 11 INTs in two partial years in Jacksonville. Both his rookie year and his "down" second season were better than any season from Sam Darnold or Teddy Bridgewater and he was had for a damn 5th rounder and was traded while on a rookie contract. Think about the capital we have given up for Cam, Teddy and Sam vs what we could have invested in Minshew and we honestly would look like a playoff team, have more cap space and have better draft capital going into next year. 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Your posting stats without context, he put up a bunch of garbage time numbers while getting beat by double digits. Both Luton and Glennon came in and also had good games statistically.

Here are some context stats for you. Gardner Minshew in wins: 18 Touchdown Passes to just 1 Interception. 

In games decided by 0-7 points: 13 Touchdowns and 3 INTS.

In games decided by 8-14 points: 13 Touchdowns and 2 INTS.

In games decided by 15+ points: 13 Touchdowns and 6 INTS.

Because he is on the Jags though and they suck and lose to everyone it just appeared he was Blake Bortles and racking up stats in garbage time but he was pretty consistent across the board in terms of score. 

Darnold, for instance was much better in the first half of games than the second half but he played in many blowouts. 

Yesterdays game: Minshew throws a touchdown pass when his team is down 6-0. Minshew throws a second touchdown pass when his team is down 12-7. Both TDs gave his team the lead. 

Gardner Minshew in the first half was 14/15 for 190 Yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs. This wasn't garbage time. 

Edited by Varking
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

I wanted him over every option other than drafting a QB. The reason he is inconsistent is because that is what Jacksonville has in terms of playmakers around him. And any time they have had decent talent at WR they either get hurt or Jacksonville lets them walk away. Despite that he had 37 touchdowns to 11 INTs in two partial years in Jacksonville. Both his rookie year and his "down" second season were better than any season from Sam Darnold or Teddy Bridgewater and he was had for a damn 5th rounder and was traded while on a rookie contract. Think about the capital we have given up for Cam, Teddy and Sam vs what we could have invested in Minshew and we honestly would look like a playoff team, have more cap space and have better draft capital going into next year. 

Exactly which is why I posted. This would have been best option not saying he’s a franchise qb but damn we would have saved so much money and picks.

5 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I think he was in a similar situation as darnold and showed more promise, nfl gm’s make critical mistakes year in and out, if teams want to trot out lesser qbs have at it but they’re usually the teams making head coaching changes also because of those decisions. 

Difference.. No matter what you think Darnold has physical talent that any coach worth his pedigree thinks he can work with... Big Arm, Athletic,  and Good size.. 

Minshew ..short, Below avg arm, not a great athlete.. 

So you swing for the talent that you hope can develop into the top 5 pick all scouts thought he was... It didn't work.. But that is the way things usually happen for highly drafted players..

Minshew is just a fever dream where some of you are always trying to find a diamond in the ruff.. But it ends up to be the same coal that got a bunch of stats in garbage time..

9 hours ago, frankw said:

Sam Darnold PJ Walker and Will Grier. Panthers fans talking about jag qb's is hilarious.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2021/8/24/22640164/the-kings-of-garbage-time

A good article on garbage time. Based on this dude's definition, Minshew spent a very very solid chunk of his seasons in Jax in garbage time. Was that his fault or the teams'?

The biggest to take from that though, Minshews numbers don't drastically change between garbage time and non-garbage time:

image.thumb.png.2f16f4a925e4ba4aed87c7e806528c23.png

His stats are damn near identical in garbage time and non garbage time. 

Is he a franchise QB? I don't know, but he was the best available option to us last offseason and available for a 6th rounder and we gave up a 2nd, 4th, and 6th for Sam Darnold. 

Multiple people should be fired for this move alone. 

• Pie 2

Here are some context stats for you. Gardner Minshew in wins: 18 Touchdown Passes to just 1 Interception. 

Because he is on the Jags though and they suck and lose to everyone it just appeared he was Blake Bortles and racking up stats in garbage time but he was pretty consistent across the board in terms of score. 

Darnold, for instance was much better in the first half of games than the second half but he played in many blowouts. 

Yesterdays game: Minshew throws a touchdown pass when his team is down 6-0. Minshew throws a second touchdown pass when his team is down 12-7. Both TDs gave his team the lead. 

Gardner Minshew in the first half was 14/15 for 190 Yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs. This wasn't garbage time. 

I really fuging hate analytics.. It constantly makes sub par player look good to ppl.. 

Instead of watching the games and seeing the guy wasn't that good and talent is mostly lucky poo!  

What was the offensive ranked the years he was QB?? 

Were they a pass happy team or a running team that didn't trust the QB to do alot??

Compensation is the only reason your yelling Minshew.. But reality is if Minshew was brought here he wouldn't look any better and it would have been a clear sign to the fan base we are tanking..

8 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Difference.. No matter what you think Darnold has physical talent that any coach worth his pedigree thinks he can work with... Big Arm, Athletic,  and Good size.. 

Minshew ..short, Below avg arm, not a great athlete.. 

So you swing for the talent that you hope can develop into the top 5 pick all scouts thought he was... It didn't work.. But that is the way things usually happen for highly drafted players..

Minshew is just a fever dream where some of you are always trying to find a diamond in the ruff.. But it ends up to be the same coal that got a bunch of stats in garbage time..

I posted above you, by two posts and discussed some of this "garbage" time stuff. He's basically the same QB across the board in terms of how he performs relative to the score. 

My comment about needing to see more consistency was more looking forward than back. I agree Minshew would have been a great option to pursue last offseason. With Darnold as the only QB under contract for 2022, I was saying was I'd like to see more consistency the rest of this year in Philly before we decided to pursue him in the upcoming offseason.

I'm confused. Are there people in this thread saying Minshew is not good enough to be rostered by the Carolina Panthers? The Carolina Panthers - biggest joke of a franchise atm when it comes to QB decisions. We're paying our replacement, replacement's replacement, and the QB originally replaced. All while having one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

But nah... let's act like a solid QB on his rookie contract for the price of a third-day draft pick would have made this franchise worse than it is.

• Pie 1