• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer

LinvilleGorge

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep.

I'm not. And I'm sure as hell not ready to trust an entire power structure built by the least intelligent football mind in the room.

Fitterer is a draft guy. Morgan is a pro player guy. I want to see what those guys can do with an offseason where they don't have a college coach in charge of setting the menu and making the final roster decisions.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

Tremble is currently our best TE. The bar isn't very high, but he was our gem out of this class potentially. 

But hey, if you want a quick take: bad teams have bad management. Bad managers can't fix bad teams.

So at the beginning of the season you thought what exactly... Because if you had the opinion this team could win then you thought the roster was good..

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And you want a front office / coaching staff built by the same guy who was stupid enough to trust Marty Hurney?

I sure as hell don't.

We don’t have a choice. It’s clear success probably won’t be a targeted move but the quicker the moves are made and more people he goes through the more likely he will catch lightning. So far, it’s what we have to hope for. It’s all we can hope for.

I’d like to see Tepper spend some serious cash to hire people to hire people. Even JR was smart enough (eventually) to do that.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not. And I'm sure as hell not ready to trust an entire power structure built by the least intelligent football mind in the room.

Fitterer is a draft guy. Morgan is a pro player guy. I want to see what those guys can do with an offseason where they don't have a college coach in charge of setting the menu and making the final roster decisions.

That already happened when Tepper allowed Hurney to stay, all you are doing is shmearing the poostain around again with your approach. 

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Wait wait wait... Hurney was here before Ron and Rhule and nobody gives him credit for building the Superbowl teams alone.. Just because the Gm is there before the HC doesn't mean he doesn't tailor his player accusation to the coaches desired player type..

All had been there AND successful for many years. Not a 2.0 of a previous awful stint including hiring the coach  that just got fired. And who was first scapegoat out the door when things started to go bad. As was predicted by many of us.  

Let’s start with the Steelers. Who runs their personnel decisions. Tomlin or Colbert. Not like I’m a fan who would know or anything. Sorry the horse you picked has sucked but it was easy to see coming when you have some knowledge and don’t just try to further whatever that days agenda is. 

After the Steelers we can go to the next team. And the next. Maybe some of the many threads where i(and other like LG) basically called the whole season. There are lots of them. Where are yours? 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I hope you're right and we hang onto both of them and they build us into a powerhouse. Just right now I can't get past Fitterer thinking he and we had arrived after beating trash to get to 3-0. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

All had been there AND successful for many years. Not a 2.0 of a previous awful stint including hiring the coach  that just got fired. And who was first scapegoat out the door when things started to go bad. As was predicted by many of us.  

Let’s start with the Steelers. Who runs their personnel decisions. Tomlin or Colbert. Not like I’m a fan who would know or anything. Sorry the horse you picked has sucked but it was easy to see coming when you have some knowledge and don’t just try to further whatever that days agenda is. 

After the Steelers we can go to the next team. And the next. Maybe some of the many threads where i(and other like LG) basically called the whole season. There are lots of them. Where are yours? 

Dude wants "receipts" when I've been saying we're fuged this year from the moment we traded for Darnold. 😂

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Tomlin gets final roster say and Colbert gets the players that Tomlin wants for his system... Tomlin  decided to stick with Rapistbuger.. Instead going with another QB... Right??

On 9/8/2021 at 9:52 AM, Khyber53 said:

My hope: Darnold proves to be the guy he was supposed to be coming out of college. Return of CMC changes entire timbre of the games and converting third downs becomes easy. Offensive line gels and becomes decent as pass protectors, capable of clearing holes for CMC. On defense the little old ladies of 2020 are replaced by the new Monsters of the Midway -- Burns and Chinn both contend for DPOY and Horn is in the talks for DROY. New kicker means fewer desperation field goals but even greater number of extra points. Returners learn to just fair catch and let the offense do its work.

My fear: Darnold is the guy he was with the 2020 Jets, left broken by bad coaching. CMC withers under heavy workload as we lean on him to make up for QB deficiencies. Injuries and just bad play by offensive line creates a feast table for opposing defenses. Snow goes timid again and calls the games like he was worried about the team's laundry bills. Brian Burns and Jeremy Chinn look at another year wasted on a going nowhere team. Bad third down conversion rates mean we have to lean on new kicker for 50+ yarders again and we end up trying to get Joey Slye back. DJ Moore gets injured on punt return and CMC tells coaches no when asked to go in after making a quick business decision. Rhule and Co. return to college coaching carousel.

What will probably happen: We'll show some more incremental growth, Darnold will perform decently (like top 16 QB in the league levels), CMC will get close to 2000 combined yards and do most of our scoring. Defense will improve a bit, but still be weak as dishwater against the run. Offensive line will need complete overhaul by year's end, with Moton going R,L,R,L,R again in an attempt to get something solid. I'm feeling 8-9 here or 9-8, with a lot of talk about Rhule either continuing to build a team or that he might not be the guy. Snow will probably be the sacrificial coaching fire. I sure hope I am wrong.

Some one say receipts??

You knew what could go wrong but you still thought the roster was good enough to be a .500 team?? Who fault is that GM or Coaching??

Can't believe I'm gonna agree with @LinvilleGorge, but his trades involving players for picks have really soured me to Fitt as well. Horn inside the top 10, yeah on the right team he is a top 10 guy. For us with other holes I really don't think that was the right move, but atleast it wasn't a big ol bust. I know there are Horn stans in these parts though who will defend it no matter our record. Also all the OL moves in the off-season yuck. Not great market but money for trash is not good use of the $ either. The Reddick move well sure that worked but nice 1 year prove it for Reddick to get a great upcoming contract.

14 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

So at the beginning of the season you thought what exactly... Because if you had the opinion this team could win then you thought the roster was good..

I did think we could be good. And after the third game I was like, "Wow!! This is amazing!"

Then, well, it all fell apart spectacularly didn't it? Fair to decent to good teams dissected out defense. Our offense was stymied by injuries and any ability whatsoever to produce a pass rush. 

But we kept grabbing CBs. Sooo many CBs like they'd save this day. This day, because we kept trading away our future to get them, the future days will be barren.

Defend Fitterer all you want, but he's a poor hill to die on.

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Tomlin gets final roster say and Colbert gets the players that Tomlin wants for his system... Tomlin  decided to stick with Rapistbuger.. Instead going with another QB... Right??

If Colbert picks the players, how does Tomlin have final roster say in any way. And when did Tomlin receive this control? The owner made the call on Ben. Just as Tepper, or any owner would have to on a situation involving a franchise QB. Anymore crap that is not true you want to throw at the wall?