• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton and Rhule

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Smithers said:

It’s easy - google press transcripts from prior games.  He did it often.  

Coaches hold players accountable.  It’s their job.  I’m a Cam nut hugger like most on here.  But it’s hilarious when people think the head coach isn’t allowed to hold a player making millions accountable.  

As a coach,  hold players accountable 1x1.  In team settings, not to the press 

Rhule is one of the most disingenuous coaches I’ve ever heard in my life 

he talks far too much when he should just shut up 

I managed people. They were not millionaires but millionaires or not, they are still human beings and should receive  correction  1x1 otherwise it is an ineffective, chicken poo move 

• Flames 3

Just now, raleigh-panther said:

As a coach,  hold players accountable 1x1.  In team settings, not to the press 

Rhule is one of the most disingenuous coaches I’ve ever heard in my life 

he talks far too much when he should just shut up 

I managed people. They were not millionaires but millionaires or not, they are still human beings and should receive  correction  1x1 otherwise it is an ineffective, chicken poo move 

Some of the winningest coach’s in the NFL demand more from players in the media.  Hell even Bruce Arians ripped Tom Brady a couple times last year.  Belicheck and Payton do it all the time.  So does Mike Tomlin, who people on this site are begging for.  

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Cam holds Cam accountable.  If you haven't seen that over these many years, you're blind.

Now, with that being said, can you point out to me all these times that Rhule threw Darnold and his boy P.J. under the bus to the media?

Yes and in several when the blame clearly fell on Darnold and that god awful oline, he blamed the defense 

I can’t stand the fuger 

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

Some of the winningest coach’s in the NFL demand more from players in the media.  Hell even Bruce Arians ripped Tom Brady a couple times last year.  Belicheck and Payton do it all the time.  So does Mike Tomlin, who people on this site are begging for.  

The key word there is ‘winningest’. They’ve earned that right. Rhule has earned zero, nada, nothing 

those coaches also blame themselves 

• Flames 1

There has never been a QB to start three season with a team and go from bad QB to good QB.

There has also never been a QB signed from the couch in the middle of the season to come in and play well with a new offense. However, in those situations the QB did go on to have good seasons with the same team with more time under his belt.

I appreciate them bringing Cam back. I’ve said all along if we’re going to lose then I’d rather lose with my guy. 

But Rhule was never the answer, I told y’all that from day fuging one. He wasn’t qualified and neither was Joe Brady. I don’t give a fug if he likes Cam or vice versa. Cam gives the team its best chance at winning games. Period. Rhule shouldn’t be back next year. 

• Beer 2

He wants him to do well for his sake but it’s not his guy. No way in hell I believe it was Rhule’s idea. Somebody, likely Tepper had the idea and was like tell me why it’s bad idea and he couldn’t. 

But I also feel like the move was solely to put people in the stands and not hemorrhage money.

52 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Player(s) and coaches. It's all about consistency. If you're oline is getting beaten to a drum week in and week out and heavily penalized and your defense is giving up chunks of yards at a time at home and you're getting outclassed by other coaches and you're qb is struggling then own it all or none. That much failure is indicative of a larger problem. Arians Belichick and Tomlin are winners in this league. Rhule is not yet.

• Flames 1

7 hours ago, jackson113 said:

Nepotism fat fug Rhule...

FB_IMG_1639605541835.jpg

can we stop doing this thing we're we criticize with no context? pj walker is not a starter, cam is, sam was, teddy was. pj walker does not have the same practice nor has he had any development. he hasn't even started enough games to have proper development. yall are talking about him like he's been a starter for 10 years, like cam. why are we even comparing a backup with very little experience to someone who has been a starter for 10 years?

• Poo 1

panthers fans : stop coddling sam!

then proceeds to coddle cam newton.

cam newton throws 2 int? panthers fans: whats the big deal? its only 2.

pj walker throws an int: go back to the XFL! never mind that you drove us downfield to score a touchdown right afterwards and cam couldn't get the 2pt conversion.

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yes and in several when the blame clearly fell on Darnold and that god awful oline, he blamed the defense 

I can’t stand the fuger 

And yet the smithers of the world will do their utmost to cover for chubby Rhule and not for Cam.

Gosh, I wonder what the difference between the two could be?  Probably because one is fit and one is chubby, right?

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

The key word there is ‘winningest’. They’ve earned that right. Rhule has earned zero, nada, nothing 

those coaches also blame themselves 

Rhule blames himself all the time.  Sometimes I think fans only what what they want to hear and pay zero attention to content.  

we are all upset.  Rightfully so.  But take the blinders off.  Rhule always says the improvement starts with him and he has to do better.  He also holds all players accountable.  Do I think he should be fired?  Yes.  But it’s not fair to say some of these other things 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Icy.  Cam is completely professional and a great teammate from all we've heard and seen from both here and NE.

But, Rhule is clearly not a fan.  I do believe Cam was forced onto the team by Tepper and although Rhule acts publicly supportive, he doesn't like having him on the roster.  It's a reminder of his own failures and mistakes.  I also feel as a result of those underlying feelings, he is setting Cam up to fail in many ways.

I mentioned it Sunday, iirc, but he literally left Darnold in the game with a broken shoulder to throw 3 picks and have like 2 fumbles against NE, and left him in the entire game against NYG despite having not gained a single first down for the entirety of the game - but he pulls the "2 QB system" once we get Cam on the roster...  which again, is asinine, because despite all of the offensive struggles, Cam has still been the most productive and the best QB we've played for 2 years.

I also just saw two quotes this morning that further cement he is an asshole and his relationship with Cam is horrible to non-existent - he told reporters that he doesn't prefer the two-QB system, but "it's where we are" currently or something like that.  Then PJ was even asked about it in a presser and he said he didn't like it (even though he's the guy that has the most to gain from it), because neither guy can get into a rhythm and defenses are going to show them different things, so its not beneficial to either guy.  Now pair that with him activating Sam from IR, and that tells you all you need to know.  He's a smug, arrogant, know-it-all asshole who sees Cam as a threat to his football mastermind identity.  He's a fuging imbecile of the highest order.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1