• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The next four weeks...

Mr. Scot

Much as he needs to go I still don't think Tepper will make the move this season.  Maybe half way though next year when it is undeniable how lamebrained Rhule and co. are.  I hope I am wrong because another off season of this coaching regime will cripple this team for more years to come.  BTW I also hope Fitterer is out on his ass as well, but that is even more unlikely.

• Pie 2

I have a hunch it’s going to play out one of 3 ways IF Rhule is fired. 

A) Terminated Monday. This gives them a week to line up interviews for the 28th. And let’s the team adjust with a following home game.

B)Terminated after the Bucs home game next Monday which gives them 2 days to line up interviews roughly.

C)Terminated at the end of the season to avoid looking like an impatient owner and giving him the full season. 

If he’s still here after the home game against the Bucs he will be here til January 11th.

I think a bad loss to Buffalo, and a bad home loss to the Bucs Christmas weekend will be enough, and they will start lining up interviews that week.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Much as he needs to go I still don't think Tepper will make the move this season.  Maybe half way though next year when it is undeniable how lamebrained Rhule and co. are.  I hope I am wrong because another off season of this coaching regime will cripple this team for more years to come.  BTW I also hope Fitterer is out on his ass as well, but that is even more unlikely.

Tepper took too long to part ways with Marty Hurney despite shortcomings that were painfully obvious...to everybody but Tepper.

I won't be terribly surprised if he makes the same mistake with Matt Rhule. I guess I'm just kind of hoping he's learned something at this point.

Would prefer to keep Fitterer and Morgan around though. I'd like to see what they can do with a staff of actual NFL coaches.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Tepper took too long to part ways with Marty Hurney despite shortcomings that were painfully obvious...to everybody but Tepper.

I won't be terribly surprised if he makes the same mistake with Matt Rhule. I guess I'm just kind of hoping he's learned something at this point.

Would prefer to keep Fitterer and Morgan around though. I'd like to see what they can do with a staff of actual NFL coaches.

Morgan more than Fitterer. He’s been a part of Panthers culture. He knows what our identity is and knows the fanbase. He would build a stout 4-3 / power running team.

• Pie 3

12 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I have a hunch it’s going to play out one of 3 ways IF Rhule is fired. 

A) Terminated Monday. This gives them a week to line up interviews for the 28th. And let’s the team adjust with a following home game.

B)Terminated after the Bucs home game next Monday which gives them 2 days to line up interviews roughly.

C)Terminated at the end of the season to avoid looking like an impatient owner and giving him the full season. 

If he’s still here after the home game against the Bucs he will be here til January 11th.

I think a bad loss to Buffalo, and a bad home loss to the Bucs Christmas weekend will be enough, and they will start lining up interviews that week.

Option D. 

Tepper holds a Rhule type press conference at 9am Monday morning praising the effort Rhule has put into the coaching job and promises a promising turnaround next season with Rhule at the helm and how much he looks forward to working with him next year. 

1pm. Rhule is given his walking papers. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • The D 2
  • Flames 3

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

Option D. 

Tepper holds a Rhule type press conference at 9am Monday morning praising the effort Rhule has put into the coaching job and promises a promising turnaround next season with Rhule at the helm and how much he looks forward to working with him next year. 

1pm. Rhule is given his walking papers. 

Ah, live by sword and die by the sword.

I like it.

They are NOT going to let Rhule go. Also think that most of the coaches are mostly Rhule guys, who guides the team? He's gonna get year 3 and if shows improvement, he'll get another. Its a 7 year contract. He staying 3 to 4 years at a minimum. Tepper original said it may take 5 years to build a consistent winner so I see 4 as a minimum. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 3

I agree he needs to go but the mad dash to get “the guy” is what put us in this situation with rhule. I’d rather tepper take his time and get it right instead of making a stupid rash decision that backfires. His quotes after he hired rhule are really stupid and reflect a lack of thought on why he was selected. 

I get that adding to two weeks allows teams to court coaches quicker, but on the flip side… it’s not like these coaches are going to rush to get hired unless it’s their only opportunity.

take Eberflus for example. There is a chance he won’t go to the playoffs this year. So he would be available to do interviews as soon as week 17. However, his agent is going to tell him “don’t take the first offer, there are going to be many opportunities available after the season”

i get that notion its a head start, but it doesn’t mean it’s an early hire. Coaches are gonna want to strike bidding wars, and wait for other coaches to get hired to set the market price. It’s going to be interesting to watch. 

2 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

I agree he needs to go but the mad dash to get “the guy” is what put us in this situation with rhule. I’d rather tepper take his time and get it right instead of making a stupid rash decision that backfires. His quotes after he hired rhule are really stupid and reflect a lack of thought on why he was selected. 

I don't blame the "mad dash" so much as I do the guy that was running it.

With Marty as the point man on the search, our chances of getting it right were...limited.

I trust Fitterer and Morgan way better.

• Pie 1

Hopefully by the time that deadline approached everyone with 2 braincells to rub together will know that Rhule is not the answer and we can get the search started.

I can't imagine any pitch where a 3rd year doesn't result in PSL payments going into default. It's that bad in Pantherland.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 2

Judging from how he kept Hurney around for too long, I think he gives Rhule another year with the caveat that Rhule and Fitt focus on nothing but OL.  Tepper has shown he's involved (ie, bringing Cam back), so it would shock me if he didn't dictate that OL and nothing but OL should be the focus.

• Pie 1