• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam optioned to that terrible 4th and 1 call

Tr3ach

So let me get this straight.  Everyone who was flipping out when it happened screaming why didnt Rhule call a run play there, he screwed Cam over etc, now finds out that Rhule did call a run play and Cam optioned out of it and that play is still on Rhule.  Huddles gonna huddle

• Poo 1

7 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Hey, Rhule! So, who actually made a block on this play?

I see about 4 defenders running free around their blocks and Ian Thomas laying himself on the ground to give the outside defender and easy look into the backfield. There are 3 to 4 Bills 2 yards in the backfield in half a second.

Not to mention Zylstra doesn't even attempt to block on a bubble screen where there is only 1 defender on an island.

Yeah, looks like that was all Cam's fault you idiot of a coach. Not even smart enough to go to study the tape before you comment on that play. Moron.

I mean the audible to the bubble pass would have worked out great….if Zylstra even made an okay block.   But he didn’t do anything. 

Zylstra imploded that play

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

So let me get this straight.  Everyone who was flipping out when it happened screaming why didnt Rhule call a run play there, he screwed Cam over etc, now finds out that Rhule did call a run play and Cam optioned out of it and that play is still on Rhule.  Huddles gonna huddle

The film that will be available tomorrow will tell the tale 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I mean the audible to the bubble pass would have worked out great….if Zylstra even made an okay block.   But he didn’t do anything. 

Zylstra imploded that play

The most likely success on that play was the bubble. Cam made the right call. The throw was bad, and the block by Zylstra was bad. There was no shot at a zone read to develop from the shotgun with that defense. Rhule must think the Bills have college level defensive players pressing the LoS. Rhule thinking that play was remotely blocked up well enough to succeed with a handoff tells you all you need to know about his coaching level. Go back to school Rhule.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

Regardless of who decided the play, a pass should never be thrown short of the sticks on 3rd and ONE. 

So, you're saying the coaches should have ever allowed for the option of a pass to be thrown short of the sticks in a 4th and 1 situation. I agree. I also think the coaches should have never run a shotgun read option on 4th and 1. Just as bad if not worse than calling up a pass option short of the sticks.

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

He doesnt normally call the offense though.   That's not something many head coaches are responsible for.  Not unheard of but not commonplace. 

His team. His coaches. His offense.

It all has his name on it. When a player isn't meeting expectations that's ultimately on the coach as well. A good coach owns it all. A bad coach blames it on a player. 

Just now, rayzor said:

His team. His coaches. His offense.

It all has his name on it. When a player isn't meeting expectations that's ultimately on the coach as well. A good coach owns it all. A bad coach blames it on a player. 

I dont disagree with you there nesscesarily but regardless of who takes the blame that is kind of semantics really.  It's good to blame someone you want to blame.  Everyone is pissed off and frustrated with how this season has went and its always going to be easier to paint the blame on one clear target when there is blame all over the place to be had.

1 hour ago, Oldschool Leroy said:

So who screwed up the other 99 plays behind that all pro line with the school yard offense?

That's the thing...

Even if you accept that the failure of this play falls on Newton, it's one play.

There are soooo many other bad things happening right now.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Tr3ach said:

I dont disagree with you there nesscesarily but regardless of who takes the blame that is kind of semantics really.  It's good to blame someone you want to blame.  Everyone is pissed off and frustrated with how this season has went and its always going to be easier to paint the blame on one clear target when there is blame all over the place to be had.

But 99.9% of the blame lies on him. It's his team. His mess. His failure. 

Trying to point out one play and throw blame on Cam is like trying to blame the titanic on a missing lifeboat.

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

You're just going to continue to be obtuse, since it serves your agenda, I see.