• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christmas Updates: Tepper—you’re losing fans

davos

6 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Gotta love the “YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CONTINUE SPENDING ON THIS CRAP PRODUCT THE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS YOU’VE BEEN SPENDING EVERY YEAR FOR DECADES OR YOU ARE NOT A REAL FAN, TRAITORRRRRRRRR!!!” responses.

charlton heston laughing GIF

Its from posers who have never actually done so. Its really is hilarious. More entertaining than the Panthers thats for sure.

5 hours ago, frankw said:

Bashing fans who have bought PSL's while groveling at the feet of billionaire owners putting out a crummy product is quite the take.

They don't even know they are being that stupid lol. Its great TBH

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

5 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

some of y'all are a cult leaders best dream

Marks

"Honey I just did the bestest deed ever..." 
"You see there was this guy asking for money saying his car broke down and his kid was in there waiting for him to get gas"
"So I was like oh poo bro here's all my cash"

"Na I didn't bother to say 'wait you left your child alone over there'"
or
"Its ok I can call the cops for you or a tow truck"

TBH I'm glad the money is better off with the con artist and the billionaire anyway.

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

So I guess what you are saying is your loyalty is to AT&T?

And handing your hard-earned cash to AT&T is a sign of your loyalty to the Carolina organization?

Holy moly, the guy up-thread who mentioned "cult" hit it pretty close to target.

It goes hand in hand but yea those marks aren't known for great intellect. I have 0 doubt that he actually does think that means loyalty to the Panthers lol. Its why its so fugin funny man.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, mc52beast said:

I can understand the frustration with this team but IMO if you leave the team you weren’t really a fan to begin with. 

There was a point in my younger years I believed that to be true. As I’ve aged I changed my attitude towards it. Unless you’re retired it’s a tough ask to give up a 4 hours of your Sunday for an awful product in the field. Once the product on the field Improves and is worth my time  I’ll be back to watching the games. Until then… life is too short to get pissed off every Sunday. Just my opinion on it. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

6 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

For me it’s less about leaving the Panthers as much as it is leaving football. I’ve been a fan 25+ years since I was a kid, the Panthers are the only team I’ve known. I used to go to training camp at Wofford and get player signatures on Krispy Kreme napkins. I used to obsess over everything football, to this day I could tell you the majority of info of every player (school, position, draft spot) of anyone drafted before the 6th round from 2005-2020. That being said my love of the game is dead. I haven’t watched a game since week 5 and can honestly say I’ve been the happiest I’ve been in years. I really hope it brings joy to you guys but it’s just not the same. 

Same, except I haven’t watched a game since week 4. Halfway through the Dallas game I knew we were a house of cards. I’m reality, I haven’t really watched a full game since 2019. I also have a 2 and 4 year old. I no longer have the uninterrupted free time either. 

9 hours ago, DamnItJake! said:

You killin me with this day one stuff.. you act like I/we haven’t suffered and pay too!! Grandpa should be making money if he’s been  a PSL owner since day one

And you’re acting like he isn’t a fan because he’s decided to take a step back from paying tenfold of what you’re paying.

Like I said, nut up and buy the PSL’s if you’re such a big “fan”.

Otherwise, use a little common sense and understand that the PSL owners and season ticket holders have a little more invested in the team than you and they can still be fans even if they decide not to spend $8K a year on the Panthers…

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Flames 4

10 hours ago, davos said:

I was there when Dallas came and we beat their sh!t TWICE. I saw the Jake come up against JAX, the awful Cards debacle. I am a mother ******* fan who has honestly come from a line with NFL heritage and I simply am fed up. That’s it. 

I never said you weren’t. I just don’t like how your family member mentioned sells all their tickets anyways, which probably end up in the hands of fans of opposing teams 

17 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I never said you weren’t. I just don’t like how your family member mentioned sells all their tickets anyways, which probably end up in the hands of fans of opposing teams 

I understand what you are saying but I disagree with your overall point.

If a fan of an opposing team wants to see their team play in BofA they are going to regardless of if the ticket is bought from the Panthers or a third party and that’s also regardless of if the ticket is bought from the OP or some other individual.

Additionally, maybe the complaining Panther fans should step up and buy more of the resell tickets to keep them out of opposing teams fans hands. Poo happens and people aren’t going to be able to go to every single game. It goes both ways… hopefully those with your mindset can now understand how silly it is to tell someone else what they should and shouldn’t do with their time and money.

If you want to go after the corporate companies in New York City who buy PSL’s and give them to customers then I’ll stand right there and bang that drum with you.

But to give the OP poo because his family can’t spend 6-8 hours along with hundreds of dollars every week for a product that doesn’t deserve that investment is ludicrous.

37 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I just don’t like how your family member mentioned sells all their tickets anyways, which probably end up in the hands of fans of opposing teams 

TFB for you 😉

PSL Update:   Date > # of Listings > Total # of Seats Represented

11/7/21 > 640 > 1625

11/8/21 > 646 > 1,642

11/9/21 > 648 > 1,646 (peak)

[Cam Signed]

11/11/21 > 637 > 1,614

11/17/21 > 629 > 1,584

12/3/21 > 617 > 1,529 

12/14/21 > 605 > 1,489

12/26/21 > 603 > 1,490

Of those who are ready to ABANDON SHIP only a microscopic sliver are PSL holders...

...if you happen to be one of those 6 or 8 folks the market is active, might be a good time to sell.

https://panthers.strmarketplace.com/Permanent-Seat-Licenses/For-Sale.aspx

Edited by SizzleBuzz

14 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Judging someone based on the amount they hand over to the team means those "fans" in section 549 are no where near the TRUE Fans that the PSL folks in 132 are.

Dude does what he can to contribute to the TV money pool that alll teams share.  Which is better than me as I watch on illegal streams and even run ad-blocks on those so I'm not even supporting the streamers.  By your logic that must make me a no fan at all or maybe worse, a falcons fan.

On the contrary… I’ve urged that since the beginning you can be a fan whether you spend absolutely nothing or 10k a year on the Panthers… but those that spend nothing have absolutely no right to tell the PSL owners what they should and shouldn’t do.

This went off the rails when the OP’s family was declared to be “fake fans” by Tepper’s minions because they decided that $8K a year and 6-8 hours a day on Sunday at BofA is too much of a commitment for them.

Unless someone else has the exact situation as them then they need to shut the hell up and realize that the OP’s family can still be fans whether they sell their PSL’s or not.

This is more or less about the few in here telling the OP how his family should and shouldn’t spend their money or what they should and shouldn’t do with their PSL’s.

Every true fan will do what they can to support this team and that’s with or without a monetary commitment.

All I suggest is that those throwing rocks take their Gen Z goggles off for a second and realize that telling someone that they aren’t a ‘true fan’ because they don’t want to shelve out a huge stack of cash on the Panthers is idiotic.

We’re all fans here and the OP’s family doesn’t suddenly become a bad fan because he no longer wants to invest heavily into the team from a financial perspective until said team provides him with a return on investment.

• Beer 1

No owner is this dumb. He wants the team out of Charlotte and killing off the fanbase does it. It’s George Shinn-type tactics but as far as I’m concerned, keep the soccer team here by selling it, and move the fuging Panthers somewhere else. We don’t need their garbage anymore and aside from about 15 people, no one wants it  

I enjoy the Huddle banter quite a bit, but I’ll probably never pull for this sorry franchise again. Will absolutely root for them to go 0-17 every year.