• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule… in garbage time… not gonna let Cam finish his last home game at BOA? I hate this man!

restNChrist

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

If Cam wants to play for vet minimum he could be a backup but not if he wants starter money. He just needs to retire before he tarnishes his legacy. He doesn't need the money and doesn't need more physical.poundung.

You’ve bashed Cam since he’s been here (and, for that matter, once he was gone) and it’s equally annoying as it is pathetic. By all means, hang your hat on the likes of Darnold and Rhule as the future. That’s your Panthers.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 6

1 hour ago, w280sax said:

Cams contract called for roughly 500k incentive for each game he starts and finished.  I could be wrong but I think he has only been allowed to finish one of the games he started (the wft game).  

I doubt that is coincidence. 

If that came from Tepper that’s just wrong.

5 hours ago, panthers55 said:

It isn't hard, Cam is not the future and was only on a half season rental. Darnold will be here next year if he isn't traded. So there was little reason to play Cam in the second half. Rhule has no loyalty to Cam and is fighting for his job. He can't afford to be sentimental.

Shhhh.. Don’t speak with logic and reason on the huddle. They don’t like it 

5 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

It was an intentional slap in the face to Cam from Rhule.  Complete and utter bullshit.

My only hope out of it is that he knows he's on the outs and was doing it as a shot across the bow and daring Tepper to make the move...

I really, really hope we bring Cam back next season, even if it's as a backup, instead of letting him go out with Rhule fuging poo up and being a petty ass bitch.

Rhule said Newton wouldn't have wanted that kind of sentimental gesture.

Not buying...

"Coach Rhule is a great coach,'' Newton, who is not under contract for 2022, said after what could have been his last home game as a Panther. "Last thing I checked, Coach Rhule wasn't out there playing.

"I just know we're a good football team. It may not look like that all the time, but I know what I see in practice and I know what I've seen over these last couple of weeks -- we're a good football team and we can win. It's just about us believing we can win and not taking the easy route and be able to grunt games away.''

"I can tell you right now it wasn't because of the coaching,'' Newton said of what happened Sunday. "It wasn't because of what a person may have said or done. The truth of the matter is, we're all playing for jobs."

"If you don' think as a coach you wouldn't do the right things to win and build your tenure here, you wouldn't do it.''

"Football has been good to me,'' Newton said. "I was able to walk away unscathed. I know it sounds like I'm retiring, but it's been great memories. I do think about as we move forward that it takes more than one guy, it takes more than one talent, it takes more than a couple of guys.

"It takes unanimously everyone understanding what their role is and what they have to do.''

When told his words sounded like goodbye, Newton acknowledged there were things he might say if his kids weren't watching, then added, "As far as this being my last go-around, nah, I don't feel like that, for more reasons than one.''

5 hours ago, panthers55 said:

If Cam wants to play for vet minimum he could be a backup but not if he wants starter money. He just needs to retire before he tarnishes his legacy. He doesn't need the money and doesn't need more physical.poundung.

At this point I just want Cam to keep getting rushing TD’s to extend his QB rushing TD record.  This team is cheeks and we’re not winning anything right now.  

He’s given everything he has for this game and this franchise, if he wants to keep playing then we might as well use the skills that always set him apart to further embolden his legacy.  I don’t see him tarnishing anything, his franchise records will stay records for a long time and he’s just doing what he can to help his team.  Different viewpoints I guess

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rhule said Newton wouldn't have wanted that kind of sentimental gesture.

Not buying...

Me either.  He was right in saying that Cam was a competitor and is really only concerned with winning and competing, but even in that vein, he denied him the opportunity.  He knew what he was doing and what was on the line.

And judging from Cam's comments afterwards and referencing all the great players he played with and learned from that "knew what it meant to Keep Pounding," as well as multiple allusions to the number of cowards who have stood at that podium and deferred responsibility, his being adamant that he isn't done, referencing his part in being part of the most successful season our franchise has had to date, as well as repeatedly talking about reflecting on all those things, times, and people over the years and his being a part of the community while he was standing on the sidelines and watching Sam run around like a chicken with his head cut off...  yeah, I'd say Cam wanted to be in there.

Again, I hope the saving grace is that he's back next season so that doesn't have to be his final home game, and its with a competent, NFL-caliber coaching staff.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, PandaMan said:

At this point I just want Cam to keep getting rushing TD’s to extend his QB rushing TD record.  This team is cheeks and we’re not winning anything right now.  

He’s given everything he has for this game and this franchise, if he wants to keep playing then we might as well use the skills that always set him apart to further embolden his legacy.  I don’t see him tarnishing anything, his franchise records will stay records for a long time and he’s just doing what he can to help his team.  Different viewpoints I guess

100% agree.  I kind of said the same when the new regime released him the first time around - he's a guy that you let decide when he's ready to go because of what he's still capable of doing and because of what he's done for this organization as a whole.  Now, there are things that have to be hashed out in that scenario - like I'm not sure you can afford to pay him 20 million a year in salary still, but I'm sure there are ways to give him that value without it affecting the cap (as it's rumored that is what the Pats did for Brady for years).  

The only thing that really bothers me about the legacy stuff at this point, especially with this poo coaching staff, is continuing to trot him out there as the starter for guaranteed losses.  But, that is why I keep saying it - I really hope Tepper recognizes Cam's value both on and off the field through all of this BS, and brings him back next season with a competent NFL coaching staff that gives us and him a chance to win.

• Pie 2

I hate this fan base.

Remove the bias on whatever your feelings are for Cam. No reason for our stadium to boo Sam on his first snap back when he has virtually the same number of spectacular games as he does shitty ones. 

Y’all continue to worry about who our franchise QB is going to be and need to start worrying about who the hell would even want to play for this franchise. It’s FUBAR from Tepper all the way down to all of you.