• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is D Brown a bust?

RJK

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Everything is basically Rhule not knowing WTF he is doing. As fans, even those that doubted Rhule when he was hired, we tried to be positive about this rebuild. That included ignoring what has always been there, the fact that these coaches don't have a clue how to succeed in this league and at this level. 

We ignored all the warning signs and all the obvious flaws but it has always been there. Look at what Teddy was trying to say and we turned on him in a split second. The reality is that the players and their actions have told the story. It just took a while for us to listen.

I don't think we ignored it but we didn't have much choice but to look for the best in a bad situation. From the release of Cam and giving Teddy way too much money to the Darnald signing which was a head scracher as well. Not to mention the complete fact that Rhule has ignored the offensive line for two years. Now we just wait to see how bad it gets. 

2 hours ago, RJK said:

I didn’t watch this game but seeing comments mentioning brown on the sidelines during obvious run downs. Not the first time he’s been benched recently. Is it a case of awful coaching? Or is he another 1st round bust? 

Is he playing well? Hell no. But who on this team is?  

Former 1st round big man with at least 2 more years on a rookie contract? Personally, I’d like to see what he can do with NFL coaches doing the coaching.

Edited by tiger7_88

Rhule is the bust. Brown showed significant promise last year. Everyone has regressed this year. There are so many glaring signs that our coaching is just flat out not NFL caliber. If Brown doesn't bounce back next year under a new staff then I'll be concerned about him. If there's not a new staff next year, then we're fuged anyway so who cares?

• Beer 1

The fact that Chinn, Brown, and other defensive players have regressed this year speaks more to the coaching than their ability. 

I think Brown was over drafted but I’m not ready to label him a bust yet. The success Reddick and Burns have had on the edge is not fully possible without adequate DT play beside them. 

18 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

No. He has had a terrible, Baylor assistant dline coach, coaching him at the NFL level... Still a slightly above average DT. Need to pair him with another guy in a year or two. 

You don’t draft a DT at #9 hoping he’s a slightly above average player. He’s a bust at this point.. If you disagree, look at other stud players drafted around his pick. 

• Pie 1