• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coaching News

Mr. Scot

So, I am being positive today.  Tepper has been silent.  As others have said, if Rhule is let go now...who would coach the team?  No real options.  And, just because a couple of teams can start interviewing, does not mean they are getting who they want now.  Dan Quinn turned down an interview with the thinking that he is looking for a better opportunity.

As big a mess as the Panthers are now, Tepper has to make a move.  I do not believe he wants to spend 2022 being called the laughing stock of the league-watching opposing fans take over the stadium every home game and seeing all those empty seats. Tough to build a new stadium for that kind of product.  I doubt that he has ever before been seen as a failure.  I can't see him tolerating that much longer.

I think it will happen.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

I’m not sure why Culley is on the hot seat. They are playing competitive football with a rookie under center and a severe lack of talent around him.  Not to mention he’s had to deal with the Watson stuff his entire tenure. 

I actually think he’s done a pretty decent job all things considering. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, bigdog10 said:

I’m not sure why Culley is on the hot seat. They are playing competitive football with a rookie under center and a severe lack of talent around him.  Not to mention he’s had to deal with the Watson stuff his entire tenure. 

I actually think he’s done a pretty decent job all things considering. 

From what I've read, it's because he's not really Caserio's ideal choice.

Theory is that Caserio wants to hire his real head coach.

5 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

How many total head coaching vacancies in the NFL are being projected to open at the end of the year? In terms of #'s and or amount. Thanks! 

There are already two (Raiders, Jaguars).

Four or five more are possible besides us.

I'm gonna say probably five total when all is said and done.

And I can only hope weren't among them.

Scott, Im putting a name out there I feel will be a nuclear hot name(will take a few months, but). Plus i have not heard it form another "source" or talking head.

Raheem Morris

Hes got a legit resume, exp, respect, and knowledge. I can not believe no one is talking him up, so I will start the train.....

• Pie 1

On 1/3/2022 at 8:09 AM, Mr. Scot said:

Well, here's a new one...

Jason LaCanfora is apparently reporting that Jags GM Trent Baalke is nudging ownership to consider...Bill O'Brien as their next head coach.

It's LaCanfora...but it's also the Jags, so 😕

He's actually a name I would have possibly considered if Rhule is forced to change OCs.