• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell declares for the draft

Varking

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I would take Pickett or Corrall ahead Howell(pending severity of Corrall's injury). Definitely not Willis.

But I have stated again and again I just don't trust any of these QB's.

If by trust, you mean you feel that the player is a sure fire NFL success, then there is no college qb ever that I trusted.  To many examples of sure fire hits that ended up failing for me to trust them.  Until they prove otherwise, this year's batch has the same chance of success as last year's.  

I don't know how anyone can be looking at QB's for our pick. A clone of Tom Brady in his prime wouldn't succeed behind this farce of an o-line. Anyone who has watched the NFL has seen rookie QB's get ruined behind poor lines every year ad infinitum. We've got to bite the bullet and build the wall first. 

22 minutes ago, SCPantherFan90 said:

I don't know how anyone can be looking at QB's for our pick. A clone of Tom Brady in his prime wouldn't succeed behind this farce of an o-line. Anyone who has watched the NFL has seen rookie QB's get ruined behind poor lines every year ad infinitum. We've got to bite the bullet and build the wall first. 

I don't love any of these prospects but in a general sense I think if you have a high pick and need a QB for the future, you take the QB.  

If we had a new staff, I'd be fine with a QB at our selection and building the OL in whatever other ways we can.  Start Darnold or some vet next year, let the new kid learn.  I don't want Rhule ruining another QB, though.  I'd rather he build OL but I expect him to focus on D again lol 

The reality is this OL is bad but with NFL coaching and more intelligent drafting and FA, it'll be capable of low-mid tier protection, I believe. Individually we've seen several parts have decent to good games but our geniuses in charge can't get out of their own way.

41 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I don't love any of these prospects but in a general sense I think if you have a high pick and need a QB for the future, you take the QB.  

If we had a new staff, I'd be fine with a QB at our selection and building the OL in whatever other ways we can.  Start Darnold or some vet next year, let the new kid learn.  I don't want Rhule ruining another QB, though.  I'd rather he build OL but I expect him to focus on D again lol 

The reality is this OL is bad but with NFL coaching and more intelligent drafting and FA, it'll be capable of low-mid tier protection, I believe. Individually we've seen several parts have decent to good games but our geniuses in charge can't get out of their own way.

In some cases I would agree, but if you put a rookie QB behind a sub-par OL, that's a recipe for drafting QB every 2 years because they can't develop properly. I don't expect us to be active in FA due to the upcoming contract extensions we need to make, and we have very little draft capital. Maybe if we traded back, go OL > QB, and sit the QB for year it would work, but I'd much rather get either a blue-chip OL or use a trade-back for two second tier OL. 

You're probably right that we'll go defense again though lol. 

• Pie 1