• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interior OL

ncfan

17 minutes ago, BrianS said:

This is what too many Huddle GM's just don't understand.  Sure, ideally we'd trade down and recoup some picks.  But this year?  The draft just isn't going to have the compelling reasons for other teams to trade up.

We also know how Fitt thinks.  He believes - rightly or wrongly - that the first 15 players are really where the impact players are.  He's not going to want to come out of that top 15 unless he gets more than value for the pick. 

And who is there in this draft that is worth moving up for?  Detroit and Houston could both legit take a QB there, if they fell in love with one.  Not the year for it, but QB is the one position that you probably reach for.  Maybe even the Giants could take a QB if they no longer believe in Jones.

I just don't see it.  We're going to have to pick at six.  If some QB shows out before the draft in some way, he'll be gone before six.  Other than that, is there a guy worth going up for?  I don't know who.

Not in our range, most likely. Those two DE's, sure but they should be long gone by the time our pick rolls around. 

15 hours ago, Rubi said:

I can stomach the 3rd for Henderson 

the 2nd , 4th and 6th ? For Darnold is gonna hurt. 

some nice OL depth could’ve been had 

Yep - people forget we got a good player for that 3rd.  Eventually he'll figure things out and we'll have a steal.

We snagged the Houston 4th and extra 5th that somewhat makes up for losing the 2nd and 6th.

I just have to keep reminding myself, if we still had our 2nd, we probably would not have Horn.  We might have picked Fields who I do not believe will amount to much long term.  Or we could have picked Horn anyway, rolled with Teddy B (who no one on here wanted) and be contemplating which mediocre QB we should pick with the second we still have.

We just need to grab an OL stud in the first, a potential starter in the 4th, and ride it out until 2023 when we will likely have a very high pick and a new coaching staff.  As someone else said, take the layup.

• Pie 2

15 hours ago, AU-panther said:

If we end up picking 5th or 6th don't you think we will still be able to get one of those 3 LTs even with a trade down to around 10?

Yes,I feel we could trade down to even 12th and pick up one of the top 3 offensive tackles or the top center.

PFF Big Boards Overal Top Ten Prospects have these OL men in the 2022 NFL Draft  as follows :

#5 OT Neal Alabama

# 6 Center Linderbaum Iowa

# 9  OT Gross Miss. State

#10 OT Ekwonu N.C. State

Edited by KatsAzz

The Panthers cannot go wrong if they select one of the three top rated tackle prospects or the Iowa Center,Linderbaum, a franchise type player at that position.

IOL TYLER LINDERBAUM, IOWA

The best center prospect we’ve seen in the PFF College era. He was already the highest-graded center in the country in 2020, but he has taken his game to new heights in 2021, earning a 95.3 overall grade.

7 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

The Panthers cannot go wrong if they select one of the three top rated tackle prospects or the Iowa Center,Linderbaum, a franchise type player at that position.

IOL TYLER LINDERBAUM, IOWA

The best center prospect we’ve seen in the PFF College era. He was already the highest-graded center in the country in 2020, but he has taken his game to new heights in 2021, earning a 95.3 overall grade.

He is a beast.

• Pie 1

I don’t know how taking a C in the top 10 grades out in terms of draft position value -

but this team has been bulldozed up the middle of the line the entire Rhule tenure. This team will never be relevant if you can’t block in the middle.

I just don’t know about taking a C in todays NFL, in the top 10. I’d rather go T vs C honestly. 

can find interior beef later or here’s an idea. Get the 340 lb rookie from Bama on the field and see if he can hold up. 

Edited by Rubi
  • Pie 1