• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule set to appear on WFNZ Thursday morning

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Zod said:

I have no idea. When Tony Dungy turned around the Bucs he used to look for the smaller guys because they typically had more fight in them and had to be more technically sound to get this far. 

He would have cut Sam Mills.  Seriously-as a player, I imagine that he was told things like, "you are too small, too short, too slow, etc."  He now applies these idealistic measurables to players and it is blinding him.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, frankw said:

For him to make those remarks about Slater after we fielded some of the worst OL lineups in history is simply unforgivable.

I am not sure how he should have answered that question but I am sure he gave the worst possible answer all things considered.  I mean wtf was he thinking in that moment?

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, davos said:

It would be one thing if Brady was some alarmingly T. rex of a man but he really isn’t that much smaller than Gross as you and others have pointed out. 

And some of the best LTs (Jason Peters immediately comes to mind) we’re undersized arm length wise.

Brady has good feet and gets good arm extension at times.  He needs some lower body strength to lock down the bull rushers, but the speed rushers are not that effective against him.   So Brady's issue is legs, not arms--and he can fix the leg issue this offseason in the weight room.

• Pie 3

24 minutes ago, trueblade said:

In case you are out of the area and didn't hear the interview, he's what Rhule said about Slater.

As @Zod said, I too, am less confident in Rhule than I was yesterday.

John Miller has adequate size, that must be why he was constantly trotted out there. He literally has nothing else and it showed in his putrid performance week after week. 

I agree with everyone else that I have even less confidence in Rhule after hear this. 

8 minutes ago, Zod said:

I have no idea. When Tony Dungy turned around the Bucs he used to look for the smaller guys because they typically had more fight in them and had to be more technically sound to get this far. 

I know it’s college, so not quite the same, but App State’s model for the last two decades has been to recruit smaller, faster players that other colleges avoid. It works out really well - these guys have fight.

14 minutes ago, davos said:

True. I just don’t think Rhule was the type of guy to take that approach with. Tepper seems to prefer a one-man show over a dynamic duo so hopefully post-Rhule we find someone that can operate in this capacity more effectively. 

Thats fair. I dont know enough to defend. There are so many conversations within those four walls that we have zero insight into.

I will one thing though, expect a simliar outcome between Jason Licht and Arians once TB12 moves. Those are two people who probabaly do not get along in TB.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I doubt that, our line is still poo and we literally traded for 2 top 10 corners

Corners are easy to get….much easier than LT.  Bouye, Jackson, Gilmore, Henderson, Keith Taylor, Pride…..don’t care how good Horn is that was the wrong pick.

or even in the 2nd draft Creed Humphrey or Cosmi instead of a WR. 

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Brady has good feet and gets good arm extension at times.  He needs some lower body strength to lock down the bull rushers, but the speed rushers are not that effective against him.   So Brady's issue is legs, not arms--and he can fix the leg issue this offseason in the weight room.

From what I saw he is okay against speed guys, although he did get his feet criss crossed at least 2x that I saw.  Very correctable.  But the bull rushers just mauled him.  I am really not sure that is something that can get that much better.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

From what I saw he is okay against speed guys, although he did get his feet criss crossed at least 2x that I saw.  Very correctable.  But the bull rushers just mauled him.  I am really not sure that is something that can get that much better.

A few times he lost his feet because the LG was blown back into his legs--I think he would be OK if he has a stud, intelligent LG beside him.