• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The drought is getting pretty long

davos

22 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I knew we were in trouble when Tepper and Rhule started throwing out words like "rebuild" and "process". There is no "rebuild" in the not for long league, ESPECIALLY a fuggin 5 year one. All it takes is ONE great draft, or ONE great hire, or ONE great QB for a quick turnaround. We see it all the damn time, yet our owner is trying to sell the narrative that it will take 5 years like we are an NBA team or something.

I started worrying when Tepper gave him a 7 year deal and kept Hurney. Dude hasn't a clue and now is hiding. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I also want to be clear that I was dead set against the idea of a massive rebuild in 2020. Partly because of what came to pass, it is usually hard to pull up from that nosedive because you don't have good people making the decision to tear everything down to the foundation. 

That is NEVER a wise choice in the NFL.

"Rebuild" is a matter of definition though. I don't believe in a scorched earth policy, but I don't believe that's what's been going on as much as now we're headed towards an involuntary and uncontrolled drain spiral.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, pantherj said:

Rhule just had a bad plan. Blowing our draft picks of defensive players and bringing in a proven loser QB who no one wanted put us where we are now.

I don't see any reason why next season's team would be good unless we land an excellent QB. You don't win with defense and we went all in on defense.

Time wise I don't see anything happening until we land a good rookie QB and get him acclimated to our system, so 2024 at the earliest. It's over.

This teams problems are much deeper than just finding a QB. The rebuilding needs a rebuilding.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

I knew we were in trouble when Tepper and Rhule started throwing out words like "rebuild" and "process". There is no "rebuild" in the not for long league, ESPECIALLY a fuggin 5 year one. All it takes is ONE great draft, or ONE great hire, or ONE great QB for a quick turnaround. We see it all the damn time, yet our owner is trying to sell the narrative that it will take 5 years like we are an NBA team or something.

Yep.  

Of all the things that telegraphed doom,  this was it 

it isn’t even a feasible hypothesis when the average player’s  time in the nfl is three years. 

for the franchise I have supported from its inception, I now feel absolutely nothing nor do I feel those in charge are capable of fixing it so the team can at least look competent 

Tepper has taken a somewhat below average team and totally  torpedoed it in four years 

that is the reality   The win loss record does not lie nor is the answer on the roster or the coaching staff 

if the OC hire isn’t at least Pep Hamilton level, and that in and of itself isn’t much, count on five years for the Panthers to be relevant again.    One more year of Rhule plus 3 years for the next group to fix what he leaves in his wake  

I don’t have that kinda time and money to throw away.   Neither does Tepper  he isn’t exactly young and he doesn’t look particularly healthy 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

"Rebuild" is a matter of definition though. I don't believe in a scorched earth policy, but I don't believe that's what's been going on as much as now we're headed towards an involuntary and uncontrolled drain spiral.

It was scorched earth. I have never seen a roster deconstructed like that.  

The blueprint was guess work by a pack of guys with very little meaningful NFL experience, the coaching is not a positive, the roster building is a mess with talent but at the wrong spots for what we could have had and they went into win now mode after bad decisions that were just about to become clear in week 4.

2022 is a complete throw away year so we are already talking about 2023 before any hope has a chance for this team. Until then it's the titanic on a slow sink. Enjoy the music and see what survives 2022. It's the year of the Frule's frule: Mr. David Tepper aka the invisible clown 'Sad Moneybags'.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yep.  

Of all the things that telegraphed doom,  this was it 

it isn’t even a feasible hypothesis when the average player’s  time in the nfl is three years. 

for the franchise I have supported from its inception, I now feel absolutely nothing nor do I feel those in charge are capable of fixing it so the team can at least look competent 

Tepper has taken a somewhat below average team and totally  torpedoed it in four years 

that is the reality   The win loss record does not lie nor is the answer on the roster or the coaching staff 

if the OC hire isn’t at least Pep Hamilton level, and that in and of itself isn’t much, count on five years for the Panthers to be relevant again.    One more year of Rhule plus 3 years for the next group to fix what he leaves in his wake  

I don’t have that kinda time and money to throw away.   Neither does Tepper  he isn’t exactly young and he doesn’t look particularly healthy 

I agree up until the 3 years post Rhule.

“If” the next staff is competent at even the most basic of levels this team will miraculously improve with largely the same roster.

Every team has holes.  C/G, run stuffing DEs and QB are ours.

A competent staff will address the LOS and backfill QB with a vet. 7-10 wins overnight.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

It was scorched earth. I have never seen a roster deconstructed like that.  

Then they proceeded to pay 34M for a borderline starter at QB. 13M on KK. 13M on Okung. 9.5M on Boston. CMC to biggest RB deal ever. 8M for Weatherly, 4.5M for Miller. That’s not rebuilding. CLE and MIA had no problem getting back to solid teams after tearing it down. Scorched earth would have provided plenty of money and options to fix the OL and QB. Trying to be below average has gotten the team to where it is now. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Then they proceeded to pay 34M for a borderline starter at QB. 13M on KK. 13M on Okung. 9.5M on Boston. CMC to biggest RB deal ever. 8M for Weatherly, 4.5M for Miller. That’s not rebuilding. CLE and MIA had no problem getting back to solid teams after tearing it down. Scorched earth would have provided plenty of money and options to fix the OL and QB. Trying to be below average has gotten the team to where it is now. 

Scorched earth is rarely successful in the NFL. 

15 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I agree up until the 3 years post Rhule.

“If” the next staff is competent at even the most basic of levels this team will miraculously improve with largely the same roster.

Every team has holes.  C/G, run stuffing DEs and QB are ours.

A competent staff will address the LOS and backfill QB with a vet. 7-10 wins overnight.

I would say that you are optimistically assuming the damage done by Rhule this year in the draft, future draft picks  and in cap space  will not get worse 

and that Rhule will be gone in 2023 AND Tepper will hire competency 

candidly, after 4 years of Tepper, that’s a whole lot of optimism

i hope you are right 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1