• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben McAdoo New OC

NJPanthers12

Couple of connections here. The obvious one is the previously discussed Tom Coughlin connection. Rhule and McAdoo both worked for Coughlin in New York.

McAdoo was also colleagues with Sean Ryan. Ryan was the receivers coach under Coughlin when McAdoo was his quarterback coach.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Might bode well for Tony Sparano as far as the OL coach job. He was on staff with McAdoo in Jacksonville as the assistant line coach (so was Gruden).

The Jags full time line coach was a guy named George Warhop. He's got a pretty long résumé and should be available. If we go back to Tom Coughlin connections, there's Pat Flaherty out of New York.

There's also guys like Doug Marrone, Juan Castillo, Mike Munchak, James Campen and others but I'm not expecting us to go that route.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I mean, I get it; there's probably nothing short of firing Matt Rhule that will excite the fan base at the moment, but this doesn't mean McAdoo is automatically a bad hire. He's had some results as as an OC. I'm more interested in his philosophy (queue @Mr. Scot)!

Somebody did give evidence that he wasn't a fan of Sammy before Sammy became Sammy, so that speaks to some competence in QB evaluation (just to make you feel better).

He’s worked with some of the best QBs in  Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning, future HOFers. It’s been said the Rodgers really liked him and gave him a huge endorsement when he took the Giants’ gig. Say what you want about his fallacies as a HC, but there’s no questioning the man’s play calling abilities. Obviously, his success here will hinge on how well they fill the OL coaching vacancy and improve the OL and QB issues. Overall, a solid if unspectacular hire IMO.

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1