• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers.com Mock Draft Report

CAPantherFan

The Panthers will likely have new faces a right guard, left guard, left tackle, center will all likely have new faces in 2022

Brady Christensen will start at either left tackle or left guard and Taylor Moton will again start at right tackle, but outside of that, the Panthers will address other positions in the draft or free agency.

The Panthers can address their most pressing need in the offensive line and still get great value with the 6th pick.

Cross is ranked in the top 10 by most draft experts. Alabama’s Evan Neal and N.C. State’s Ikem Ekwonu are others mentioned as top options at left tackle, so one of them should be available..

5 hours ago, Verge said:

I have said before, there is only two positions this pick could be. It's either a tackle or a quarterback. No way in hell we take a corner, obviously. Trade down seems unlikely in this market, and if a qb is there that someone wants, take the qb. 

Preference list: 
1. Malik Willis 
2. Kenny Pickett 
3. Evan Neal 
4. Ikem Ekwonu 
5. Charles Cross

One of those guys will be there, we just have to make it happen.

Wait, you have Willis and pickett ranked over Neal, cross and Ikem?   That cannot be right

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Wait, you have Willis and pickett ranked over Neal, cross and Ikem?   That cannot be right

I can believe it. This team is going nowhere until we solve the QB question. Willis is a helluva intriguing physical talent. His draft status is going to rely heavily on the interview process. Pickett... yeah, gonna have to agree to disagree there. I just don't see it.

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I can believe it. This team is going nowhere until we solve the QB question. Willis is a helluva intriguing physical talent. His draft status is going to rely heavily on the interview process. Pickett... yeah, gonna have to agree to disagree there. I just don't see it.

I doubt it, his tape is his tape and its not good.  I doubt the interview is going to push him into the top 10 especially over Neal, cross or Ikem.  Thats just crazy fuging talk

• Flames 1

7 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

BC didn't look good at LG. I think he could make a good swing tackle if he's not long term starter material. I just hate being in the position of needing to draft a position because of incompetence. 

We've needed a franchise LT since Gross retired. This isn't a new development 

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

On the big board, all but one of those tackles are over the QBs, but QB is such a need to have position you cannot kick it down the road.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I doubt it, his tape is his tape and its not good.  I doubt the interview is going to push him into the top 10 especially over Neal, cross or Ikem.  Thats just crazy fuging talk

I don't think he ultimately goes top 10 either, but the interview process will be key.  Taking Lamar Jackson in the top 10 would've been crazy talk too, but in retrospect it would've been a smart move by whoever made it.