• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking Realistic QB Options for 2022

davos

Out of all of those options I’d be satisfied with Corral. I think Willis is a wait and see prospect. Wouldn’t be shocked at all if he ends up in ATL sitting behind Ryan for a year. 

One name I may add to that list is Jordan Love. If the Packers decide they don’t want to be morons and make a way to try and keep Rodgers I would assume Love is on the market so they can try to flip him for assets to win now. 

The Packers need a DT and they need cap space. They also need cost effective wide receivers. If they aren’t able to keep Davante Adams they’ll be looking for a replacement to appease Rodgers. If I’m CAR and McAdoo likes Jordan Love I would seriously consider trying to flip DJ Moore for Love in a deal. You could probably also get some kind of a pick in the deal. Other potential options could be Derrick Brown or Morgan Fox. But Love should be on this list..

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, davos said:

Would be a bit silly to build a team for a 30 year old guy who's never quite hit the mark.  An investment in Jimmy G is almost worse than simply wasting 2022's 1st rounder on a QB.

I do agree that building around Jimmy is a bad idea but bringing him in to stabilize the QB spot till more attractive options present themselves wouldn't be a bad idea if we can get him for relatively cheap. 

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Our realistic option for QB in 2022 is Sam Darnold. 

He got benched then put on IR then we brought back a guy who nobody else wanted then we hired an OC who has verbalized that he thought when Darnold was in the draft he has mechanics that aren’t salvageable. Add to all that we have an owner who wants to win. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Darnold is far far far from our only realistic option in 2022. 

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Our realistic option for QB in 2022 is Sam Darnold. 

Agreed, nothing else makes sense.  The only other thing I can think of is we trade for current backup (like Minshew this season) or sign a FA QB (Mariota, Brissett or Trubisky) as insurance in case we hit a 'break glass in emergency' scenario with Darnold.  We know Darnold doesn't have a much higher ceiling, but I don't think we've seen his floor yet either.  That's the scary part.

Just now, 45catfan said:

Agreed, nothing else makes sense.  The only other thing I can think of is we trade for current backup (like Minshew this season) or sign a FA QB (Mariota, Brissett or Trubisky) as insurance in case we hit a 'break glass in emergency' scenario with Darnold.  We know Darnold doesn't have a much higher ceiling, but I don't think we've seen his floor yet either.  That's the scary part.

No more giving vets multi year deals and no more trading for crap qbs.  Roll with Darnold and if something happens (spoiler: it will) then start Walker since Rhule is so hell bent on keeping him on the roster.

• Pie 2

59 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

Either Sam Howell or Matt Corral for me. Pickett just doesn't have a high enough ceiling and Willis while being the most talented will bust here because he needs so much development as a passer.  

This. All of this. I'm a believer in Willis' tools but we are NOT the right situation for a QB prospect like him. Hell, we aren't the right situation for ANY QB prospect, but if we're talking a shot at one IMO it's a two horse race between Howell and Corral.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

No more giving vets multi year deals and no more trading for crap qbs.  Roll with Darnold and if something happens (spoiler: it will) then start Walker since Rhule is so hell bent on keeping him on the roster.

I agree completely, it's just the spot where the team has pigeon-holed themselves into.  That's where we stand currently before the draft.  Again, I'm extremely worried that Rhule has got to Tepper's ear.  If we do draft a round 1 QB, Rhule all but assuredly has told Tepper it's going to be a two year project...at minimum.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 2