• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Being aggressive in free agency and trades wins.

GoobyPls

1 minute ago, Growl said:

lol who cares

the buccaneers wins a super bowl, the rams are now in one, the saints have been one of the league’s premiere teams for a decade, and the patriots who archetypes this model are a dynasty 

imaginary “pain on the back end” that may someday come isn’t important, the big scary monster that may or may not be around the corner is not a reason to bot chase success

teams exist to win football games, not have lots of cap space or make jimmy huddler’s offseason more interesting with lots of picks for his loser mock that nobody cares about

For sure 100% I am just saying go all in when you are ready not half ass like we did last year

• Pie 3

10 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

The Bucs and now Rams are proving that whole “only built through the draft , superstar teams don’t win” narrative wrong.

All those years we wasted with a prime Cam, we were the cheapest team free agency. We never went after big names, we never we traded for anybody outside of Olsen. Bargain bin Gettleman set this franchise back lord knows how long.

The common denominator is the Quarterback.   It's true with all good teams. I know we need to have a real offensive line..   but if Darnald is behind a real  O line,  we won't prosper.   

We have to have a top 10 QB to compete ,  and a top 5 would be great. 

4 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

What?

If you’re too stupid to see how important it is to have a Healthy Cap and to not kick the can down the road and to not be dumb then I can’t help you

literally all of the sports places say that a healthy cap is important, maybe you should read more

It’s not whether you win or lose, it’s making sure you don’t run your organization like it’s madden 

Edited by Growl

11 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

The Bucs and now Rams are proving that whole “only built through the draft , superstar teams don’t win” narrative wrong.

All those years we wasted with a prime Cam, we were the cheapest team free agency. We never went after big names, we never we traded for anybody outside of Olsen. Bargain bin Gettleman set this franchise back lord knows how long.

It does to an extent, but it also decreases your window.  In a couple seasons the Rams will be the oldest team in the league and cap strapped most likely. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

If we were 11-5 in 2020, we all would have been happy to restructure the poo out of contracts to add a couple more pieces to try and win a SB. 

lol except we’ve been in this window before and people complained about exactly these kinds of restructures.

You’re wrong.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Exactly. It’s amazing he doesn’t grasp the concept of playoff contenders versus our team that has won 5 games 3 years in a row. Truly amazing that he can discern the difference in getting over the top versus starting at the bottom of the mountain.

I know this hard for some here to understand, every offseason discussion of big picture methodology of how teams are built and managed comes up and people who only follow the panthers have a hard time keeping up, so I’ll say it plainly

We aren’t talking about the panthers 

we’re talking about the nfl

6 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

It does to an extent, but it also decreases your window.  In a couple seasons the Rams will be the oldest team in the league and cap strapped most likely. 

Will it matter, they were in the same boat a few years ago after paying Goff, they navigated that, and re-assembled a team that is about to make it's 2nd SB appearance in what 3 seasons (2018) and they're doing it with a different QB at that in his first year with the team, see TB as the most recent, and even Manning in DEN of just placing a top 10 caliber QB on a ready made roster. 

Rodgers, and Russell are likely the next candidates to pull this type of move, and while Watson may try / be available, I doubt they send him to a ready made destination, even if he can waive a no trade, they can just opt to set him out. So the question then becomes who's more patient, him, or HOU. 

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Exactly. It’s amazing he doesn’t grasp the concept of playoff contenders versus our team that has won 5 games 3 years in a row. Truly amazing that he can discern the difference in getting over the top versus starting at the bottom of the mountain.

7-9 (2019 - Rivera fired in DEC) / 5-11 (2020 - Rhule S1) / 5-11 (2021 - Rhule S2 the 1000% season)

So not 3 years in a row, but I get the sentiment; we've been worse under Rhule. 

1 hour ago, ichigo1057 said:

Yep, cap space was one of the problems we were having at the time we brought Gettleman in. The first coming of Hurney had left us in absolute cap hell. We couldn't really do much in FA until that was cleared up. Now as to why he paid Matt Kalil so much *shrugs* beats the hell out of me.

Yeah, some those decisions had me scratching my head