• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady hired as Bills QB Coach

UNCrules2187

The more interesting coaching news to come out of Buffalo is that Ken Dorsey was promoted to OC after Daboll was hired away... That dude was terrible with Cam here, has done well with Allen of course. Really curious to see how he does calling plays for McDermott.

40 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sweet gig. Hell, I could be the QB coach for the Bills and get good results. 😂

Probably won't take him long to get another OC job.

To be fair, Josh Allen did improve quite a bit under Ken Dorsey's coaching.

(a fact that still pisses me off when I think about Rivera hamstringing him with Newton)

• Pie 3

For Joe Brady's career I was hoping he'd take a position with the Bengals.   His previous relationship with Joe Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase from their LSU days would have made working their enjoyable, I'm sure.  But the cake job with Josh Allen is definitely also good for him.  Allen is already a top 5 QB so not much to do but cash those checks and get some street cred toward his next job.  

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

yep much better starting point for him imo

just another example of the bills outsmarting and doing a better job with people that the panthers

Our past underlings are up there showing that they should have or could have been in charge here. Our assistant GM goes up there and actually gets his QB weapons and an o-line. They have surrounded themselves with way better talent evaluators. Our former D-Coordinator actually brought in a set of guys to focus on their QB's evaluation, progress, and growth. Surprise, he made the biggest leap in QB play from one year to the next of almost anyone in history. The only issues I see are they are getting to comfortable with running Allen and McDermott doing his old prevent at inopportune times. Other than that they are light years ahead of where we are at and all of these people including Dorsey and now Brady were all once on our staff!

20 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

For Joe Brady's career I was hoping he'd take a position with the Bengals.   His previous relationship with Joe Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase from their LSU days would have made working their enjoyable, I'm sure.  But the cake job with Josh Allen is definitely also good for him.  Allen is already a top 5 QB so not much to do but cash those checks and get some street cred toward his next job.  

Have the Bengals lost anybody?

I don't think they have any openings (at least not yet)

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

When you need to find an answer to beat the Bengals, putting Joe Brady on staff makes sense.

As for Ken Dorsey, he developed Cam into a playoff QB and MVP. Then he developed Josh Allen. McDermott and Beane know what they're doing. The Panthers letting the real coaching/management talent slip away while holding onto the mistakes has been the problem.

Edited by CPantherKing
  • Pie 2

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Have the Bengals lost anybody?

I don't think they have any openings (at least not yet)

Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan is interviewing.  Obviously he won't go anywhere now until the SB.  But either to fill his spot or one beneath him if somebody in-house takes his position.  

This is the type of job Joe Brady needs to grow into an NFL capable coach.  He obviously has opportuntiies to grow as a coach in the NFL. Hopefully landing with the Bills will help him develop. Him being our OC was just too soon for him in his career right now. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

It's a much more appropriate fit for him.  

In not too long I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the OC discussions.  

Oh yeah I agree...I think that's the type of role he should've started in in the first place.  Despite what some of the weird diehard Brady loyalists in here say, he was never equipped to be an OC from the start but he clearly has potential if he's groomed into it.  This is the best for him in the long run for his career development and longevity but it's still a stark contrast when comparing his prospects a year ago vs. today.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, t96 said:

The more interesting coaching news to come out of Buffalo is that Ken Dorsey was promoted to OC after Daboll was hired away... That dude was terrible with Cam here, has done well with Allen of course. Really curious to see how he does calling plays for McDermott.

Is it possible for people to see that maybe Cam was holding Cam back...........nah not for those toons....everything but Cam are the reasons...