• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst Kept Secret at the Senior bowl (Panthers Interest in Pickett)

ncfan

Just now, CRA said:

We have a one pick in the top 100….and are going to draft a day 2 caliber QB with a top 10 pick? 

that’s a swinging at a pitch in the dirt 

Well that's the thing: nobody really knows for sure how most QBs are going to do anyway. We've all seen plenty of day 1 & 2 busts. We've also seen QB hits on day 3.  At this point, I think we're going to need a miracle anyway, otherwise we'll be doing some major renovations in 2023, and maybe even QB like @Jon Snow said. 

Basically, I have low expectations and don't think the world ending hinges on our 2022 draft picks. 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Well that's the thing: nobody really knows for sure how most QBs are going to do anyway. We've all seen plenty of day 1 & 2 busts. We've also seen QB hits on day 3.  At this point, I think we're going to need a miracle anyway, otherwise we'll be doing some major renovations in 2023, and maybe even QB like @Jon Snow said. 

Basically, I have low expectations and don't think the world ending hinges on our 2022 draft picks. 

Well when you have 1 pick in the top 100…..you need to take a lotto pick with good odds.   Every gamble isn’t the same. 

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I think Pickett can still be a fine pro, and he clearly possesses traits where I can see why he could be a desirable option for some teams.

I do find it hilarious though that he's apparently been a disaster at the Senior Bowl (which, really, shouldn't matter THAT much) but we're just over there smitten with him lol.

He actually hasn't been a disaster tho... He had a very bad day 2 in the rain but had a good day 3.  I think Willis has more potential, but the Pickett narrative isn't entirely what I've been seeing from media sources like below

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

We should probably just go ahead and take Willis if the Steelers are willing to move up that far.

There is definitely truth to that, but look at what the Niners gave up to move to 3 and take Lance. I’ve obviously won’t get 3 firsts, but if we could get their 1st, 2nd, and next year’s 1st, it’s definitely something to consider… 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

We should probably just go ahead and take Willis if the Steelers are willing to move up that far.

No kidding. 

I'm worried about just how raw Willis appears to be but apparently he is doing very well at taking to coaching and direction at the Senior Bowl. 

Given what appears to be a very high ceiling I think he's my preference at 6 if not OT.

So we will probably draft Pickett. Or a corner.  Can always use more corners.

Fitterer is leaning on Bradway? No wonder we have Sam Darnold and on our way to Kenny Pickett.

I'd keep my distance from anything Bradway recommends. The GM who bet the franchise on Chad Pennington while passing on Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. He pushed the Jets as a consultant toward Mark Sanchez.  He has demonstrated little to no success as a talent evaluator and GM.

I value a GM by the people they choose to consult with to build a team. Fitterer is not doing a good choice of picking his friends and mentors.

• Pie 1