• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Alexander on Rhule/Fitterer/Morgan, re: roles in roster building

ellis

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think everyone already knew that. I think some folks were just holding out hope that after two seasons of colossal failure that maybe that dynamic had been shifted somewhat. I mean, I'm not surprised that it hasn't but there was definitely some cause for hope that maybe it had.

Tepper really is still all in on Matt Rhule. This would be like Tepper putting all of his hedgefund into a tanking penny stock with awful financials and no clear pathway towards financial success. How long do you think his investors would've stuck with him in that scenario? Well, we're the "investors" in this scenario and Tepper has no track record of success to lean on in the football world. In the football word, he's basically a Redditor in his mom's basement who still has his entire life savings tied up in GameStop stock. 😂

I didnt give the hope part a thought, I for one am hoping Finesser has the full control come draft time. Rhule does come off as someone who would do anything to save his job, even if it meant trading players/future picks.

I swear if Rhule picks Pickett at 6 or trades up for him, save me a spot on the fire rhule bus.....it would be soul crushing for me if that happens

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I didnt give the hope part a thought, I for one am hoping Finesser has the full control come draft time. Rhule does come off as someone who would do anything to save his job, even if it meant trading players/future picks.

I swear if Rhule picks Pickett at 6 or trades up for him, save me a spot on the fire rhule bus.....it would be soul crushing for me if that happens

I think this is highly likely still the full on Matt Rhule show and will be until Tepper eventually sacks up and fires him. When that happens, Fitterer should follow him out the door. I honestly don't want any part in a "GM" willing to put his reputation on the line for a job that's in essence in title only while trying to baby sit a college coach with final say on everything. Maybe he thought he could have more influence over Rhule once he was in the building? Maybe he assumed Rhule would be more willing to listen to someone with real NFL experience.

Either way, he was wrong and he can GTFO too as far as I'm concerned.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think this is highly likely still the full on Matt Rhule show and will be until Tepper eventually sacks up and fires him. When that happens, Fitterer should follow him out the door. I honestly don't want any part in a "GM" willing to put his reputation on the line for a job that's in essence in title only while trying to baby sit a college coach with final say on everything. Maybe he thought he could have more influence over Rhule once he was in the building? Maybe he assumed Rhule would be more willing to listen to someone with real NFL experience.

Either way, he was wrong and he can GTFO too as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah I wouldn’t want to just give the personnel responsibility right over to Fit when/if Rhule goes this next season. He was identified by Rhule & Tepp and agreed to his current role. He should get the same brunt of it for being part of it all. Not gifted a promotion due to his decider’s ineptitude. 

Sometimes that can work out but I’d prefer we just assemble a Front Office that has a model and finds a coach for it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think everyone already knew that. I think some folks were just holding out hope that after two seasons of colossal failure that maybe that dynamic had been shifted somewhat. I mean, I'm not surprised that it hasn't but there was definitely some cause for hope that maybe it had.

Tepper really is still all in on Matt Rhule. 

I wasn't. Didn't really see much chance of that happening.

The bolded part scares the hell out of me though 😕

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wasn't. Didn't really see much chance of that happening.

The bolded part scares the hell out of me though 😕

Same. Because if it's truly the case and Rhule wants to trade away the future of the franchise on some half-witted quick turnaround scheme, well we're good and truly fuged. Even if Rhule gets fired we'll be hamstrung in our pursuit of a new coach because our roster building capital is going to be gutted. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Same. Because if it's truly the case and Rhule wants to trade away the future of the franchise on some half-witted quick turnaround scheme, well we're good and truly fuged. Even if Rhule gets fired we'll be hamstrung in our pursuit of a new coach because our roster building capital is going to be gutted. 

Yeah, that's the nightmare scenario.

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I've always felt Rhule would get at least 4 years.

Given the QB situation, depending on how they laid it out, it could’ve been framed like this:

Attempt 1-target top FA — didn’t happen. The QB carousel sucked minus Brady jumping to TB.  Teddy it was.

Attempt 2-We considered some in the draft but it appeared to be Herbert, Tua and Burrow. If we wanted Hurts, could’ve gotten him. Nada.

Attempt 3-find next best FA—got denied by Stafford. Watson fiasco happened. Another poor QB carousel. 

Attempt 4-trade for a project (Darnold)

Attempt 5-check draft again, they didn’t like any

Rhule could very well be selling that any other guy would’ve had the same QB options and to let him find his rookie to build with his team. That’s what I’m afraid of and Pickett could be a restart for a 2-3 year plan. He’s framing it as finally having a QB to pick in the draft. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, davos said:

Yeah I wouldn’t want to just give the personnel responsibility right over to Fit when/if Rhule goes this next season. He was identified by Rhule & Tepp and agreed to his current role. He should get the same brunt of it for being part of it all. Not gifted a promotion due to his decider’s ineptitude. 

Sometimes that can work out but I’d prefer we just assemble a Front Office that has a model and finds a coach for it.

I've always heard it called "failing up" or "floating a turd". 😂

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've always heard it called "failing up" or "floating a turd". 😂

I cannot confirm nor deny my abilities of faking it until making it lol.  You might as well put on the smile and strap in for the ride, see how high it can go.  At least we don't have to deal with fans.  Just clients from time to time lol.

Edited by davos

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tepper really is still all in on Matt Rhule. This would be like Tepper putting all of his hedgefund into a tanking penny stock with awful financials and no clear pathway towards financial success. How long do you think his investors would've stuck with him in that scenario? Well, we're the "investors" in this scenario and Tepper has no track record of success to lean on in the football world. In the football word, he's basically a Redditor in his mom's basement who still has his entire life savings tied up in GameStop stock. 😂

to the moon!!!

I really felt that if Harbaugh had made the leap to the Vikings, a whole chain of events would have led to the end of this nightmare debacle.

It didn't, no matter how much I hoped it would.

Buckle up folks, the car's owner has refused to take the keys from the drunken driver. This next season is going to be the Uber ride from Hell.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, 1st down said:

I still don’t understand why an owner would give final say on personnel to someone who had zero experience on an NFL level. Guess I finally have to agree that Rhule is one of the biggest BS artists to ever get a head coaching job in the NFL. We are so fuged.

I doubt Rhule had to do much BSing. Tepper wanted him long before they ever spoke.