• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Alexander on Rhule/Fitterer/Morgan, re: roles in roster building

ellis

18 hours ago, davos said:

The interesting note is the OP confirmation w/ the added news of the contract language.  It's always been his show.

It’s generally been assumed Rhule has always had “final say”…

…but the original poster has”confirmed” nothing — neither he nor Alexander have seen the contract and they have no idea what kind of “language” it contains.

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1

15 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

…but the original poster has”confirmed” nothing — neither he nor Alexander have seen the contract and they have no idea what kind of “language” it contains.

👍😂😳🧤🪴🏠❄️🐶

• Pie 3

18 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Except that Rhule himself has talked about things being written into contracts, and the interview itself has Rhule indicating that it was talked about during Fitterer's intro press conference (which I haven't re-watched).

Rhule confirmed Friday that, technically, he has final say over the team's roster. But he also made it clear that he's not looking at new general manager Scott Fitterer as a subordinate, either.

"I think in terms of on the contract, a lot of those things probably rest with me," Rhule said. "But that's not something I'm real interested in. I told you guys from the very beginning, . . . I think it's kind of a formality.

"Scott's here to run the personnel. He's here to build the roster. He's here to establish the draft process. I think some things are written into the contract, but I think we're going to work collaboratively and work together."

https://www.panthers.com/news/matt-rhule-has-final-say-looking-to-build-relationship-with-gm

5 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Except that Rhule himself has talked about things being written into contracts, and the interview itself has Rhule indicating that it was talked about during Fitterer's intro press conference (which I haven't re-watched).

https://www.panthers.com/news/matt-rhule-has-final-say-looking-to-build-relationship-with-gm

I believe Rhule does have “final say”…

…but neither Alexander nor Ellis have brought anything new to the table to “confirm” it.

Simply a dead horse beating exercise for clicks… 😏

On 2/8/2022 at 1:03 PM, Toker Smurf said:

Very discouraging. So, if Rhule thinks trading away all our picks to get Kurt Cousins or Jimmy G will save him, he can do it and nobody can stop him unless Tepper fires him.

Fitterer is the one who puts the chips on the table. If he doesn't want it on the table, it won't happen. He just can't cut players or sign players unless Rhule agrees. So, for anything to happen Rhule and Fitterer need to agree. That's why everything is moving so slow with personnel changes.